NSPCC Milton Keynes Half Marathon
Race rules and conditions of entry
The NSPCC Milton Keynes Half Marathon will be held under the rules of UK Athletics and local rules.
- Participant: means the named person on the Registration Form;
- Race Director: means National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (Charity Registration Numbers 216401 & SC037717
- Terms and Conditions: means the terms and conditions set out below.
1. Only persons aged 17 years or above on the day of the Event may register and take part in the Event.
2. Entries are personal to the applicant and entry fees are non-deferrable.
3. The Race Director will use its best endeavours to transfer an allocated race number to another participant upon reasonable request. Any runner who competes in another person's race number without consent of the Race Director will be disqualified.
4. The discounted entry fees are only available to registered members of athletic clubs with paid up affiliation to England Athletics for the current year.
5. No refund can be given if the race has to be cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside the Race Director's control.
6. The personal information provided by the Participant will only be used as detailed on the registration form.
7. The Event is a 13.1 mile half marathon to be held in Milton Keynes on 7 July 2013.
8. The Race Director reserves the right to refuse or cancel applications, including duplicate applications, or alter the date, time and/or venue and format of the Event, including the course route or distance, in whole or in part, without notice or liability to the Participant.
9. Alcohol, tobacco, illegal substances, performance enhancing substances or intoxicants of any kind are strictly forbidden.
10. A professional photographer will be taking pictures during the day. You and your children may be included, either intentionally or unintentionally, in posed and background shots. Please be aware that photographs taken of the event by the photographer may feature you and your children. These photographs may be kept in NSPCC event archives or for publicity purpose
11. A Participant starting the race more than 10 minutes after the start time will be disqualified.
12. The course for the Event will be closed at 1.30pm after which there will be no marshals and participants may not be insured.
13. If you consider yourself to have a disability please contact the Race Director to discuss your entry prior to application
14. With the exception of the needs of disabled athletes (see 13 above), no wheeled vehicles (cycles, prams, buggies etc) or dogs are permitted on the course without the prior permission of the Race Director.
15. Participants are strongly recommended not to race wearing headphones since they need to be fully aware of their surroundings and any instructions from race officials on the course.
16. Race marshals and medical team members have the authority to disqualify and remove any runner they consider to be acting dangerously or to be unfit to compete.
17. Disqualified runners will be removed from the race results and reported to UK Athletics.
18. Team Challenge participants are not required to wear team vests. Team results will be based on cumulative times (not places) of the first 4 finishers.
19. Runners are required to give assistance to fallen runners and to report any casualties immediately to the nearest first aid post or race marshal.
20. Race timings for all race positions and prizes will be based on the start/finish clock not the race timing chips.
21. Prize winners will only receive one prize (with the exception of Team Challenge participants who may also win an individual prize).
22. In the event of any dispute the decision of the Event Adjudicator and Race Director shall be final.
Event Participation - Participant's Declaration
23. The Participant agrees to abide by the Terms and Conditions and any other rules, instructions and regulations published and displayed from time to time by the Race Director or given on the day of the Event by race marshals, officials and police.
24. By completing and submitting the Registration Form, the Participant confirms that, to the best of their knowledge they are healthy and fit to run the course within 3.5 hours and voluntarily and freely to choose to assume the risks (except where any such personal and bodily injury, including death is caused by the negligence of the Race Director or any of its employees).
25. The Participant is required to complete the personal, contact and health details form on the back of their race number. The participants' data will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation.
26. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that:
26.1 Subject to clause 29, the Participant shall:
26.1.1 fully indemnify and keep the Race Director fully indemnified from and against all liabilities, claims, actions, proceedings, loss, damage, costs or expenses suffered or incurred by the Participant; and
26.1.2 irrevocably indemnify and hold harmless, and reimburse the Race Director from and for any sum, costs or expenses (including legal and professional fees) incurred, payable or paid by the Race Director to any person (including the Participant's insurers) in connection with any accident, loss, damage or injury (including death) arising out of the Participant's attendance at, participation in, or training for, the Event.
27. Subject to clause 29, the Race Director shall not be responsible for any losses the Participant suffers as a result of the Race Director's breach unless such losses were reasonably foreseeable to both the Participant and the Race Director as at the date of the Participant's registration for the Event. For the avoidance of doubt, the Race Director will not be liable to the Participant in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise in connection with the Event for loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings or loss of data); or goodwill or reputation; or any special or indirect or consequential losses; for any personal injury to or death of the Participant;
28. Subject to clause 29, the Race Director's liability to the Participant shall in any event be limited to the refund of the entry fee.
29. Nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall affect the Race Director's liability:
29.1 for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Race Director or a deliberate act or omission of the Race Director, its employees or agents:
29.1.1 for breach of statutory duty;
29.1.2 for fraudulent misrepresentation; or
29.1.3 to the extent that liability cannot be excluded or limited by law.