Raise money for your event
Tips and tools to help reach your sponsorship goal
Your training is underway, so it's time to think about fundraising. The more you raise, the more you'll be doing to help vulnerable children across the UK.
Here are our tips for making fundraising easy and fun, helping you to get the most out of your challenge.
Top tips and ideas
- Make sure your first sponsor is generous and others will follow.
- Find out if your company offers Matched Giving - some will donate £1 for every £1 you raise. Read more about fundraising at work.
- Be persistent - keep a blog, take photos and keep asking.
- Ask your sponsors to Gift Aid their donation. For every £1 donated, the NSPCC can claim back 25p.
Download our online resources
- Stuck for inspiration? Check out our Fundraising A-Z guide (PDF, 3.4MB).
- Print out our NSPCC sponsorship form (PDF, 2.3MB) and circulate it to everyone you know.
- Promote your fundraising event with a poster you can customise.
Download our poster template (PDF, 102KB).
- Encourage competitive sponsorship with your friends by playing our
Guess My Time game (PDF, 3.2MB).
- Need some materials to help you fundraise? Fill in our
Fundraising materials order form (PDF, 3.3MB) and send it in to us.
Set up an online fundraising page
Setting up an online fundraising page is such an easy way to get sponsorship from friends and family.
It only takes a few minutes to set up and you can post a link to your page on Facebook and Twitter.
The money comes directly to us, so there's no need for a paying in form. All you need to do is send the link to your page to everyone you know.
Send in your sponsorship money
If you're fundraising offline, once you've collected your sponsorship money, simply send us in a cheque using the our NSPCC paying in form (PDF, 3MB).
Please don't send us cash in the post. All cheques and postal orders should be made payable to 'NSPCC registered charity'.
We'd love to hear from you
And last of all, keep in touch! For support or advice, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0844 892 1119.
You can also share fundraising ideas online on our Facebook page.