Child protection training and consultancy
Courses and support to help organisations and professionals working with children and families
We run introductory, advanced and specialist training courses in child protection across the UK to help you develop your skills.
We can also develop tailored courses to meet your organisation's needs.
Our consultancy services will help you strengthen your safeguarding and child protection policies and practice.
Training in child protection and safeguarding
Our child protection and safeguarding training courses are CPD certified and delivered by professionals with extensive experience. We offer:
- introductory courses
- advanced and refresher training
- training for trainers
- training in specialist subjects
- commissioned training tailored to your organisation's needs.
Our scheduled courses run across the UK and we can also provide tailored training at your organisation. We also offer elearning about Keeping Children Safe Online.
We publish a wide range of training packs, DVDs and guides which you can use for professional development or to plan and design your own cost-effective courses and workshops.
Consultancy services for organisations
We can help your organisation become a safer place for children by:
- developing, evaluating, and reviewing your policies, procedures and practice
- undertaking safeguarding reviews following critical child protection incidents
- developing change management strategies
- carrying out safeguarding case file audits
- acting as lead reviewers on serious case reviews
- facilitating action learning sets (peer discussion groups).
Support tailored to your needs
Our solutions are based on the latest research and insight, grounded in child protection legislation and policy.
We have experience of working with organisations across a range of sectors including local and national government, health, education, faith and travel and tourism.
Are you a child?
Do you need to talk? Call ChildLine on 0800 1111 or visit us online.
Worried about a child?
Don’t wait until you’re certain. Contact our trained helpline counsellors for 24/7 help, advice and support.
NSPCC specialised helplines support inquiries into abuse and provide advice on child protection.