Preventing bullying behaviour
An NSPCC EduCare child protection training programme
Written by the NSPCC with input from the Anti-Bullying Alliance, ChildLine, Stonewall and Save the Children, this programme is designed for anyone who comes into contact with children and young people through their work, voluntary or leisure activities.
It covers what bullying is and why some children bully, the effects of bullying, your responsibilities and reporting your concerns and creating an anti-bullying policy and culture within your setting.
- modular, bite-size format provides an easy way to learn the essentials
- there are four concise learning modules, four accompanying questionnaires and full instructions throughout
- a personalised NSPCC certificate on successful completion provides evidence of learning
- there is confirmation of the correct answers to reinforce the participant’s knowledge
- available in paper-based and online learning methods.
- brings paid and volunteer staff quickly up-to-speed
- people with different working arrangements and in different locations receive the same clear, consistent messages
- the programme can be used as a pre-employment, induction or refresher tool
- the reassurance of knowing that the content has been written and approved by the NSPCC and experts in other highly knowledgeable organisations.
Module one: Introduction to bullying behaviour
This module explains what bullying is and what makes it different to other behaviour that can cause unhappiness and distress. It looks at environments where bullying can take place and explores why some children bully others and why some are the victims of bullying.
Module two: Recognising bullying behaviour
This module examines the different forms of bullying (physical, verbal, non-verbal and cyberbullying). It looks at the effects of bullying on both the bully and the bullied and at what tends to be the focus of bullying behaviour.
Module three: Your personal responsibilities
This module covers how to make children feel protected from bullying. It also looks at your responsibilities, as well as how to report and refer bullying behaviour and how to assess bullying incidents.
Module four: Preventing bullying behaviour
This module looks at how to prevent bullying behaviour in your setting, including how to develop an anti-bullying policy. There is a section on appropriate responses to low, medium and high level bullying and how to work with parents and carers.
For further information, call 01926 436200 or buy online
Have you completed the NSPCC EduCare Preventing Bullying Behaviour programme? If you want to find out more about anti-bullying issues, there are a number of useful websites where you can find out more. Download our
Signposts (Preventing bullying behaviour) (PDF, 168KB)
Learn how your organisation can develop strategies to keep children safe from bullying: see our training course on Essential awareness and response to bullying of children and young people.
We can develop or modify a course specifically to meet your needs. If you can't find what you're looking for, please call 0808 800 5000 or email email@example.com