Turning the Tide for children in Blackpool
This is an exciting time for the NSPCC in Blackpool as our new Turning the Tide for Children appeal gets under way. The appeal aims to raise £2.5 million to help vulnerable children and families across Blackpool.
As part of the new appeal, a series of special events are being organised across the seaside town during May to help raise awareness of the work being done in the region and promote the opening of a new service centre in Blackpool, which will happen later on in the year.
We're delighted to have the support of the Blackpool Gazette who are helping to promote the appeal and will be featuring interviews and stories about the NSPCC's work in the coming weeks.
Events being planned include:
- Beaverbrooks Blackpool 10k Fun Run on 13 May. We have joined forces with Beaverbrooks and are this year's chosen charity for the Blackpool 10k Fun Run. Why not support us by joining the run or by marshalling on the day.
- Civic Day on 18 May. Organisations across Blackpool are being encouraged to "Go Green" or "Bring a Pound to Work" for the NSPCC on Civic Day and raise funds to support our work.
- Glitter Ball on 19 May being held at the Blackpool Tower
- Turning the Tide for children concert on 20 May at Blackpool's North Pier.
- Also watch out for the Blackpool Tower turning green!
Find out more about any of these events by contacting Janette Drew, community fundraising manager on 01772 617695 or by visiting www.nspcc.org.uk/getinvolved.
Are you a child?
Do you need to talk? Call ChildLine on 0800 1111 or visit us online.
Worried about a child?
Don’t wait until you’re certain. Contact our trained helpline counsellors for 24/7 help, advice and support.