Get a guaranteed charity place in the
2016 Virgin Money London Marathon
This year marks 30 years of our ChildLine service so we're asking runners to make their marathon even more amazing by joining Team NSPCC and helping us to keep every child safe.
Every step, every mile, will help keep every child safe.
Join Team NSPCC in 2016
Get a charity place
Join our team in the 2016 London Marathon with one of our guaranteed charity places.
We ask that our runners raise £2,200 and pay a £100 registration fee.
Enter the ballot
The ballot opens on 4 May 2015. If you get a place, we'd love you to join our team.
There's no minimum fundraising target, just have fun and raise as much as you can.
How we'll support you
"One of the most amazing experiences of my life! The crowd was awesome and seeing family and friends was very emotional. And a huge thanks to the NSPCC as they were truly incredible from day one till now."
Ajay Bhatti / NSPCC marathon runner
What to expect
- A bespoke, personalised running vest
- Expert training plans and group training days
- Top fundraising tips, support and events
- Six cheer points along the route
- A post race reception with a well earned massage.
How you'll make a difference
When a child contacts ChildLine to tell us they're being abused, feeling suicidal or are in danger we take immediate steps to make them safe. But right now we can only help three out of every four children who try to contact us.
This year we're asking our marathon runners to raise
£2.3 million to help us:
- recruit and train more counsellors – cutting down the queuing time for children waiting to get help
- introduce email-only teams who can respond more quickly to children that contact us online
- invest in better technology that will mean our counsellors can give consistent support at a time when children need it most.
So whether you're battling blisters, pounding the pavement, or resisting the urge to hit snooze before an early morning run – it's worth fighting for.
Because every step, every mile, will help keep every child safe.