Get one of our guaranteed charity places in the 2015 Virgin Money London Marathon
Abuse changes childhoods. But so can we. Join our Virgin Money London Marathon team and help us fight for every childhood.
Every mile you run and every penny you raise will mean that when a child needs us, we're there. Together we can rebuild children's lives and prevent abuse from ruining anymore.
Get a charity place
Join our team in the 2015 London Marathon with one of our guaranteed charity places.
We ask that all our runners raise £2,000 and pay a £100 registration fee.
Already got a place?
If you've already got your place, we'd love to welcome you to our team.
There's no minimum fundraising target, just have fun and raise as much as you can.
How we'll support you
We've teamed up with two-time Olympic marathon runner and Commonwealth Games medallist, Liz Yelling. Liz and her team of experts at Yelling Performance are here to get you off to a flying start.
Whether you're new to marathon running or more advanced, we got expert marathon training plans to suit everyone.
- Beginner 16 week marathon training plan
- Improver 16 week marathon training plan
- Advanced 16 week marathon training plan
As part of our Virgin Money London Marathon team, you can also enjoy:
- An exclusive marathon training day hosted by Martin Yelling in January 2015
- A dedicated email inbox to answer any questions you may have about your training, nutrition, race day or diet
- Regular live chats with Liz on our NSPCC events Facebook page and the chance to see how your team mates are getting on.
When the big day arrives, we'll be there to support you every step of the way. Our runners can look forward to:
- Meeting the NSPCC team at Greenwich park for a big pre-race photo and settle any last minute nerves
- Six of the loudest and brightest cheer points on the route to give you the boost you need to make it to the finish line
- Your own bespoke, high-quality NSPCC running vest
- A post-race reception stumbling distance from the finish line with food, drinks and a well-deserved massage!
To help you raise as much money for vulnerable children, we'll provide you with everything you need, including:
- All the hints and tips you need to smash your fundraising target
- A team pub quiz in February where you have the chance to meet your team mates and win prize money towards your sponsorship
- Bespoke help and advice from the NSPCC fundraising team
Get in touch
If you're interested in running for us or have any questions, we're here to help:
- Call 0844 892 1119
- Email email@example.com.
We'll provide you with everything you need to smash your fundraising target.
Training plans and advice
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, we've got a training plan for you.
What our runners say
"’Just wanted to say thanks to you and the team for your support both in the build-up and on the day of the London Marathon. It was a pleasure running for your team and raising money for the NSPCC."
Virgin London Marathon runner, 2014
How you'll make a difference
"I just wanted to let you know, that I phoned them on the same day you came into our school. I phoned because I was getting bullied and they really helped me."
A child helped by the service