Get a guaranteed charity place in the
2016 Virgin Money London Marathon
We're the official charity partner for the Virgin Money London Marathon in 2016 – a year that also marks 30 years of our ChildLine service.
So, we're asking runners to make their marathon even more amazing and help us to keep every child safe.
Every step, every mile, will help keep every child safe.
Join Team NSPCC in 2016
Get a charity place
Join our team in the 2016 London Marathon with one of our guaranteed charity places.
We ask that our runners raise £2,200 and pay a £100 registration fee.
Got your own place?
If you've already got your place for 2016, we'd love you to join our team.
There's no minimum fundraising target, just have fun and raise as much as you can.
How we'll support you
What to expect
- A bespoke, personalised running vest
- Expert training plans and group training days
- Top fundraising tips, support and events
- A post race reception with a well earned massage
How you'll make a difference
When a child contacts ChildLine to tell us they're being abused, feeling suicidal or are in danger we take immediate steps to make them safe. But right now we can only help three out of every four children who try to contact us.
This year we're asking our marathon runners to raise
£2.3 million to help us:
- recruit and train more counsellors – cutting down the queuing time for children waiting to get help
- introduce email-only teams who can respond more quickly to children that contact us online
- invest in better technology that will mean our counsellors can give consistent support at a time when children need it most.
So whether you're battling blisters, pounding the pavement, or resisting the urge to hit snooze before an early morning run – it's worth fighting for.
Because every step, every mile, will help keep every child safe.