The Childline Board supports and fundraises for our Childline service, which offers a lifeline to children and young people, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Since the Board was established in 2005, they’ve raised over £14.4 million through corporate partnerships, including Accenture, lastminute.com, AOL UK, The Walt Disney Company, Trinity Mirror, ITV and First Utility. The Board has created a legacy within the media industry to support Childline, carving amazing relationships from the UK's leading media companies.
The Childline Board also has two sub committees:
- The Childline Ball Committee organises our annual flagship Childline Ball which has featured talent and entertainment from Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, Strictly Come Dancing, Britain's Got Talent and the X Factor. In 2019 the Childline Ball raised over £808,000 through on the night pledges, table sales and £580,000 media donations.
- The Childline Rocks Committee organises gigs and challenge events and engages the music industry with supporting Childline
The Board is made up of professionals from the media and entertainment industry and they raise over £500,000 annually for Childline through donations from the UK’s leading media companies.
The Rebuilding Childhoods Board, also known as the RC Board, was formed in 2005.
The Board helps to fund our Letting the Future In service which uses play therapy to help children and young people rebuild their lives after abuse, as well as online safety initiatives including the Wild West Web campaign, which urges government to implement regulation to improve the safety of children and young people on social media sites.
The Board has:
- successfully held 3 events at the River Café
- organised the NSPCC Art Balls
- held a photography and jewellery auction featuring unique pieces from Louise Bourgeois, Anish Kapoor and Damien Hirst –
- been instrumental in securing partnerships with Swarovski, Morgan Stanley, Links, First Direct, Harrods and Debenhams.
The Board is made up of individuals from a variety of sectors, including retail, art, design, fashion and finance.
The Sports Board utilises the opportunities and synergies between the sporting industry and children and young people to raise funds to support our work with children. The countless endorsements, adoptions and personal celebrity appearances from the world of sport have been amazing and vital in raising public awareness of the NSPCC and child protection issues.
Since it was founded in 1999, it has raised over £25 million, which has gone towards our vital work helping prevent child abuse.
The Board has also spearheaded a number of events including:
- Business of Winning gala dinners featuring Sir Alex Ferguson, Sven Goran-Eriksson, Arsene Wenger and Gerard Houllier
- "An Evening with" series which has featured Alan Shearer, Harry Redknapp and Chris Robshaw
- a female-focused celebratory evening for women in Sport and Media hosted by Clare Balding with Olympic medal winning athletes and sports personalities all sharing inspiring stories from their careers to date.
The Board is made up of representatives from across the sporting world such as football, rugby, cricket and horseracing.
The work we do wouldn't be possible without the generosity, loyalty and support of our supporters. If you're interested in finding out more about our work, please get in touch.