Run the Cardiff half marathon for charity and help us be here for children
Conquer the Wizz Air Cardiff Half Marathon with #TeamNSPCC on 2 October 2022 and help us be here for every child.
For the fourth year running, we're the proud official charity partner for the Cardiff Half. Starting outside Cardiff Castle, run past the capital's most iconic landmarks before a grandstand finish in the heart of the city. Raising funds by taking on a charity run will help us provide vital services to protect against and prevent child abuse.
Why take part?
- A predominately fast and flat course, this route is perfect for beginners or experienced runners alike.
- Receive world-class training tips and tailored support from our training partners.
- Get your own NSPCC running vest with iron-on letters.
- VIP treatment at our post-race food and drinks marquee.
- Lots of whoops and cheers from our cheer points en route.
- You'll be doing something amazing for children.
A child contacts Childline every 25 seconds and it costs £4 to answer their call. By raising £400 you could pay for up to 100 children to get the help and support they need from our Childline counsellors.*
Sign up today
Registration: £10 and we ask that you raise a minimum of £300 to support our work.
Already got a place?
The Cardiff Half Marathon is run by Run 4 Wales. If you’ve already bought your place in this event, we'd love to welcome you to the team as an own place runner.
Do something amazing and support the NSPCC.
We're here to help you with your fundraising. Every year people just like you raise hundreds – or even thousands – of pounds. Here's our handy guide to how you might reach your target (and have fun at the same time!)
- A film night - £100
Whether it's a retro classic or so bad it's good, get a space, some popcorn and invite people to a cosy film night. Ask them to pay what they would in a cinema.
- Sweepstake - £100
Who'll win the grand national? How many sweets are in the jar? Set up a sweepstake and watch the money roll in.
- Dinner party - £150
Wine and dine your friends and family by inviting them to your home for a dinner party. Ask them to pay what they would in a restaurant.
"I was provided with everything I needed and could just focus on training and fundraising. I felt valued by the NSPCC and part of the team."
Personalised training from Full Potential
Our expert trainers Full Potential are with you every step of the way on your running journey. You'll get:
- A plan to get you ready that's tailored to your experience, level of fitness and goals.
- Real coaches that you can email or call to get advice or reassurance that your training is going well.
- Training days where you come together with coaches and other participants.
- NSPCC Facebook and Strava groups to help you keep in touch with your teammates.
Get started today with our dedicated running training zone. You'll find everything from injury prevention to nutrition advice.
"Full Potential were extremely helpful, always responding quickly to emails and were very encouraging! The training event was excellent."
NSPCC event participant
Questions about your charity run?
Email us on email@example.com with any questions or for any further information. We're here to support you 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.