Run through the Welsh countryside in these fast, flat races
Join #TeamNSPCC for the ABP Newport Marathon & 10k on Sunday 23 October 2022 and enjoy the beautiful Gwent Levels scenery.
Why take part?
- Receive world-class training tips and tailored support from our training partners.
- Get your own NSPCC running vest with iron-on letters.
- VIP treatment at our post-race food and drinks marquee.
- Lots of whoops and cheers from our cheer points en route.
- You’ll be doing something amazing for children.
Interested in the charity 10k?
Registration fee: £5 and we ask that you raise a minimum of £150 to support our work.
Interested in the charity marathon?
Registration fee: £5 and we ask that you raise a minimum of £300 to support our work.
"I was provided with everything I needed and could just focus on training and fundraising. I felt valued by the NSPCC and part of the team."
Personalised training from Full Potential
Our expert trainers Full Potential are with you every step of the way on your running journey.
- a plan to get you ready that's tailored to your experience, level of fitness and goals
- real coaches that you can email or call to get advice or reassurance that your training is going well
- training days where you come together with coaches and other participants
- access to NSPCC Facebook and Strava groups to help you keep in touch with your teammates.
Get started today with our dedicated running training zone. You'll find everything from injury prevention to nutrition advice.
"Full Potential were extremely helpful, always responding quickly to emails and were very encouraging! The training event was excellent."
NSPCC event participant
Charity fundraising ideas
As the world is changing daily, so is the way people are fundraising for charity and asking for sponsorship. We’re here to help you think of fundraising in a different and safe way during this time.
Did you know… Donations made via Just Giving are paid to the NSPCC once a week. This means we put every donation to use immediately - so we can continue to be there for children.
Here's our handy guide to how you might get your fundraising started (and have fun at the same time!):
- Online pub quiz - £100
You don’t need to be at your local to hold a quiz. Get online and use a video conference platform to host one instead. Ask individuals to donate in return for taking part.
- Hold an online class - £100
You may be a teacher, fancy yourself as a fitness guru or think you can teach a musical instrument. Why not reach out to friends and family and host a class?
- Have a clear out - £150
Having a big sort out is great during any time of the year. Sell your unwanted clothes and accessories online to rack up the cash.
Questions about your charity run?
Email us on email@example.com with any questions or for any further information. We're here to support you 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.