Take on this classic race and raise vital funds for children!
Unfortunately, due to lower-than-expected participant numbers, we've made the extremely tough decision to postpone the NSPCC Milton Keynes Half Marathon 2022, which was due to take place on 26 June.
We appreciate the countless hours that our participants put into training for this event, but with less than 150 participants, it's not a viable event at this stage. Runners have been cautious in returning to events compared to pre-COVID levels, and we expect a more positive uptake next year. We want to retain this long-standing event on the racing calendar to raise much-needed funds, so we've postponed it to a suitable date in 2023.
Why take part?
- Receive your very own NSPCC t-shirt and fundraising pack.
- Be rewarded with an exclusive fundraising reward once you've reached your sponsorship target.
- We'll support you with fundraising tips and event preparation.
- You’ll be doing something amazing for children.
By raising £150, you could pay for one helpline practitioner shift, providing vital help and support to adults concerned about a child's welfare.*
We're here to help you with your fundraising. Every year people just like you raise hundreds, or even thousands, of pounds. Here's our handy guide to how you might reach your target (and have fun at the same time!)
- A film night - £100
Whether it's a retro classic or so bad it's good, get a space, some popcorn and invite people to a cosy film night. Ask them to pay what they would in a cinema.
- Sweepstake - £100
Who'll win the grand national? How many sweets are in the jar? Set up a sweepstake and watch the money roll in.
- Dinner party - £150
Wine and dine your friends and family by inviting them to your home for a dinner party. Ask them to pay what they would in a restaurant.
Personalised training from Full Potential
Our expert trainers Full Potential are with you every step of the way on your running journey. You'll get:
- A plan to get you ready that's tailored to your experience, level of fitness and goals.
- Real coaches that you can email or call to get advice or reassurance that your training is going well.
- Training days where you come together with coaches and other participants.
- NSPCC Facebook and Strava groups to help you keep in touch with your teammates.
Get started today with our dedicated running training zone. You'll find everything from injury prevention to nutrition advice.
"Full Potential were extremely helpful, always responding quickly to emails and were very encouraging! The training event was excellent."
NSPCC event participant
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for any further information. We're here to support 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
You might also like...
London Landmarks Half Marathon 2023
Brighton 10k 2023
Your donation could go towards Childline or it could help us fund NSPCC's therapeutic services and Speak Out Stay Safe. Donations are distributed based on need.