How you support our services
Big or small, your gifts and donations make a difference to the children and young people we help through our services.
- £3 could pay for our Speak out Stay safe programme to reach 1 primary school child, giving them the knowledge to protect themselves from abuse
- £4 could pay for 1 of our trained volunteer counsellors to answer a child's call for help to Childline
- £5 could cover the cost of answering a call to the NSPCC helpline
- £25 could pay for a trained practitioner to deliver 1 hour of Pregnancy in Mind to help new parents with the ups and downs of having a baby
- £550 could cover the cost for our Speak out Stay safe programme to visit 1 primary school and speak to every child aged 5-11
- £1,600 could pay to recruit, train and support a new Childline volunteer.
Statistics from our annual review 2015/16
There were overChildline counselling sessions with children and young people in 2015/16
Explanation: Childline provided 301,413 counselling sessions to children and young people in 2015/16. In 291,753 of these counselling sessions they talked about their own concerns and in 9,660 they contacted us with concerns they had for another child or young person (third party concerns).
responded to nearly last year from people with concerns about a child's welfare
Explanation: The NSPCC’s helpline responded to 54,865 contacts in 2015/16, from people who were concerned about a child’s welfare.
See also Indicator 8 in How safe are our children? 2016.
We deliveredin 2015/16
Explanation: Through our training and consultancy we share our expertise with professionals across the UK. In 2015/16 we delivered 280 commissioned training events to 145 different organisations. In addition to this, 58 national training programme courses were delivered to nearly 800 delegates from over 400 organisations and the Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU) continued to provide services to 194 sports organisations across England, Wales and Northern Ireland through our funding by Sport England, Sport Wales and Sport Northern Ireland.
Our annual reports
Learn more about our work
What you can do
A child safe from abuse is free to dream
You donation can take a child anywhere - help us keep more children safe.