Hear and Now - Referrals At a glance
Hear and Now provides therapeutic support to children aged 4-18 who professionals are concerned about. The child must meet one of the following criteria from A or B:
- has been in contact with a known individual or alleged person who poses a risk of sexual harm
- has a history of disclosure and retraction
- has a history of sexual abuse in their extended family.
- be seen as withdrawn, depressed or isolated
- have a gang member in the family
- be a sibling of a child who has disclosed or retracted sexual abuse
- have been identified by professionals or services as having problems and/or being at risk due to their vulnerability or behaviour.
How to get help from NSPCC services
Sometimes you may be referred to one of our services by someone who already helps you, like a midwife, social worker, teacher or children's centre worker. You can join some of our services yourself, simply by contacting us to see if a place is available.
If you think a service that is available in your area might help you and your family, get in touch to find out more.
Help and advice for professionals
We hold the UK's largest collection of child protection resources and the only UK database specialising in published material on child protection, child abuse and child neglect.
Child abuse and neglect
Mental health and suicidal thoughts
Get advice and support on helping a child id they're struggling with their mental health.
Last year a third of all calls to our helpline were about neglect, a figure that's even higher at Christmas. Donate now and help shine a light on children left in the dark.
Are You There?
We're calling on the government to help our Childline service be there for every child dealing with meantal health issues.