Evidence Based Decisions Referrals
Evidence-Based Decisions is available to families where:
- the child has suffered or may suffer harm due to neglect
- a child protection plan or renewed child protection plan (which means there has been one before) for neglect is being considered
- out of home care is being considered for the child but is not yet underway
- there are adult risk or need factors, such as mental illness, disability, a drug or alcohol problem
- there are other complex factors, such as cultural issues, or poor engagement (a bad relationship) with other services.
How to get help from NSPCC services
Sometimes you may be referred to one of our services by someone who already helps you, like a midwife, social worker, teacher or children's centre worker. You can join some of our services yourself, simply by contacting us to see if a place is available.
If you think a service that is available in your area might help you and your family, get in touch to find out more.
Help and advice for professionals
We hold the UK's largest collection of child protection resources and the only UK database specialising in published material on child protection, child abuse and child neglect.