Life Story Referrals
Children can be referred to Life Story Work if they:
- have had multiple care arrangements and subsequently have a limited understanding of their history
- have taken responsibility for life events out of thier control.
Children can also be referred if there are concerns about thier emotional wellbeing - informed by the Strengths and Difficulty Questionnaire (SDQ). These might include:
- children struggling to settle within their foster placements
- children who have difficulty expressing their emotions and needs
- children whose emotional needs are impacting on their relationships
- children assessed as vulnerable and have poor levels of resilience (the resilience matrix informs this assessment).
Help and advice for professionals
We hold the UK's largest collection of child protection resources and the only UK database specialising in published material on child protection, child abuse and child neglect.