Pregnancy in Mind Referrals
Pregnancy in Mind is for new parents between 12 and 28 weeks gestation (the middle trimester of pregnancy). Parents can be referred at any point in their early pregnancy, but access to the group work will need to be in the middle trrimester period.
The programme is for those who are at risk of or already experiencing mild to moderate anxiety and depression. Parents do not have to have a formal diagnosis of anxiety or depression and this can be based on either parent-report or professional judgement. As we are keen to provide the service to those that are not yet experiencing symptoms but might be at increased risk, we are also interestsed in receiving referral for parents who:
- have a previous history of anxiety or depression
- have a family history of mental health problems
- have a history of childhood adversity and poor parenting themselves
- are socialy isolated or have no social support networks
- have experienced recent adverse or stressful life events
- are experiencing poor relationship quality or domestic violence
- are under 20 years of age
- are having an unwanted or unplanned pregnancy or
- have drug or alcohol problems (misuse substances).
How to get help
Sometimes you may be referred to 1 of our services by someone who already helps you, like a midwife, social worker, teacher or children's centre worker. We are also really interested in hearing from you directly so please do contact us to see if a place is available.
Help and advice for professionals
Child protection in the UK
Research and resources
We hold the UK's largest collection of child protection resources and the only UK database specialising in published material on child protection, child abuse and child neglect.
Our services are helping turn lives around. Your gift can help rebuild lives, and prevent abuse from ruining any more.
Your donation can take a child anywhere
Our Speak out Stay safe service aims to reach over 1 million school children so that they're safe from abuse and free to dream. With your help, we can reach even more.