Things to do in groups
Ages: 4+ | Activity type: Groups | Prep time: 15 mins | Activity time: 1–2 hours | Cost and materials: Free
Game 1: What's missing from the Christmas tree?
Materials: Tray, 10 small Christmas decorations or household items, something to cover them over, paper, pens
This memory game is great for all ages! Can you remember what’s disappeared from the tree?
- Gather together 10 or more small objects that will fit on a tray together
- Once they’re on a tray, players have 30 seconds to memorise what’s there before they’re covered over
- Everyone then has 5 minutes to write down as many things as they can remember on a sheet of paper
- At the end of each round, add up the scores and keep a running total
- To keep playing, you can remove an object between each round
and try to guess what’s missing.
Game 2: Christmas carol dice game
This dice game will get everyone up on their feet and singing and dancing together!
Take a dice or two and choose 6 actions from the list below.
- Stand on one foot
- Invisible instruments
- Children only
- Adults only
- Jog on the spot
- Humming only
- Dance moves
- Everyone else but the roller
- Sing fast
Once you’ve chosen your six actions, assign each one a number on the dice.
When each player rolls the dice, they have to perform a Christmas carol or song while following the rule linked to that number.
Other ways to get involved this Christmas
Get a letter from Santa
Santa’s workshop is open for business! Build your special Letter from Santa today and be here for children this Christmas.
NSPCC Christmas shop
Take a look at our range of gifts for little ones and big ones alike, perfect for Christmas - all proceeds go towards our fight for every childhood.