The NSPCC Event Terms and Conditions for "Kick the Caffeine"
Terms & Conditions
- By entering this event and promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions which is the basis of your relationship with the NSPCC and/or NSPCC Trading Company (“us”, “we”). If you are registering on behalf of other individuals, you hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent of those individuals to take part in the NSPCC “Kick the Caffeine” virtual event and that they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The NSPCC Trading Company Limited, Weston House, 42 Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3NH. Tel: 0207825 2500, a wholly owned subsidiary of the NSPCC to which it covenants all taxable profits. NSPCC is a charity incorporated by Royal Charter with registered charity numbers 216401 and SC037717, website: nspcc.org.uk.
- The NSPCC’s Kick the Caffeine is a product created by the NSPCC whereby registrants pledge to give up caffeine for either 14, 21 or 31 days. Registrants are encouraged to give up caffeine in January, however registrants that sign up later in the month can continue their challenge into February. While taking part, government social distancing rules must be observed and sponsorship can be logged on an online giving page. Registrants are encouraged to fundraise by asking friends, family and colleagues to sponsor them for pledging to give up caffeine for 14, 21 or 31 days. The event is designed to raise funds for the NSPCC (the “Event”).
- Registrants can undertake this challenge either as an individual or as part of a group challenge.
- All UK residents are eligible to enter.
- Registrants must be 18 years of age or over.
- Registrants can only register online for the Event.
- Registrants understand that the fundraising event I’m organising is in aid of the NSPCC. As part of this:
a. The event is your responsibility (including but not limited to all costs and liability) and the NSPCC bears no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the event. The event won’t be covered by the NSPCC’s insurance programme. If appropriate, you will arrange my own insurance and will make sure that contractors and external facilities used can demonstrate evidence or the relevant insurance cover.
b. You are responsible for the health and safety of all involved.
c. You are responsible for ensuring food hygiene and ensuring that you have the relevant licenses e.g. if selling alcohol at the event.
- You will use your best endeavours to raise money for NSPCC in connection with your participation in the Event.
- You understand and will make clear to those who support your fundraising that any money you send into the NSPCC will be treated as a donation and used for the NSPCC's work with children.
- Donations are not generally refundable, even if the Event does not take place or a do not manage to complete the Challenge.
- As a special thank you for all your fundraising efforts, if you achieve a fundraising target of £150 or over by 31 March we will send you an NSPCC t-shirt. The t-shirt size sent will be the same size as provided by you on the registration form. This will be posted to you at the address provided by you on the registration form.
- You will forward all monies donated to the NSPCC via an online giving provider no later than four weeks after you complete the Event.
- You will only use lawful means to fundraise for the NSPCC and will not bring the charity's names into disrepute. You will observe the following fundraising rules and you will comply with any further rules and requirements about fundraising of which NSPCC may notify you:
- You will not use the NSPCC or any associated logo without first obtaining permission from the NSPCC and will allow the NSPCC to approve any materials produced whether printed or online.
- You will tell your friends, family and other contacts who may support you that you are raising money “in aid of” the NSPCC.
- You will not incur nor are authorised to incur any cost, claim, loss or liability on behalf of NSPCC.
- You will contact the NSPCC before conducting any raffle, lottery or public event, and comply with any guidance, guidelines or insurance and legal requirements issued by the NSPCC in connection with this kind of event.
- You will obtain approval from NSPCC before approaching press or celebrities to support my event.
15. The NSPCC reserves the right to make any reasonable amendments to these terms and conditions at any stage. In this event, a notice will be posted on nspcc.org.uk.
16. If any provision in these Terms and Conditions, whether in full or in part, is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all other remaining provisions (in full or in part) shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
17. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect our liability for:
a. Death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or a deliberate act or omission of us, our employees, agents or contractors;
b. For breach of statutory duty;
c. For fraudulent misrepresentation;
d. To the extent that liability cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- Otherwise, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights, remedies, liabilities or other terms implied or conferred by statute, custom, or the general law that impose any liability or obligation on us or the NSPCC.
- You agree to fully and irrevocably indemnify and at all times hereafter to keep us and/or NSPCC indemnified, from any liability to any third party or other participant in the Event arising from your participation in the event or connected with any breach by you of any of these terms and conditions.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect any statutory rights to which the participant may be entitled to as a consumer.
- We reserve the right to amend, remove or add any terms and conditions at any time.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Please check to confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions.
I confirm I have read, understood and agree to all the terms and conditions set out above, and understand NSPCC may terminate our relationship if I am in breach of any of the terms and conditions.
We recommend that you print and keep a copy of this agreement with a note of the date on which you accepted its terms and conditions. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your kind support, and good luck with your fundraising!