Run this 10 mile coastal race and fight for every childhood
Abuse changes childhoods. But so can we. Join our Great South Run team on 17 October 2021 and help us fight for every childhood. This 10 mile race takes runners on a tour of Portsmouth, including the historic dockyard and Southsea coast. Fast, flat and fun, it’s the perfect race for beginners and experienced runners alike.
Why take part?
- Receive world class training tips and tailored support from our training partners.
- Your own NSPCC running vest with iron on letters.
- VIP treatment at our post-race marquee with food and drink.
- Lots of whoops and cheers from our cheer points en route.
- You’ll be doing something amazing for children.
Every mile you run and every penny you raise will mean that when a child needs us, we’re there. Together we can rebuild children’s lives and prevent abuse from ruining any more.
Sign up today
Registration is just £10 and we ask that you raise a minimum of £200 to support our work.
I've got my place!
The Great South Run is an event by The Great Run Company. If you've already bought your place in the event we would love to welcome you to the team as an own place runner.
Do something amazing and support the NSPCC.
"With a flat course this seemed an ideal opportunity to take on such a challenge."
Personalised training from Full Potential
Our expert trainers Full Potential are with you every step of the way on your running journey.
- A plan to get you ready that's tailored to your experience, level of fitness and goals
- Real coaches that you can email or call to get advice or reassurance that your training is going well
- Training days where you come together with coaches and other participant
- NSPCC Facebook and Strava groups to help you keep in touch with your team mates.
Get started today with our dedicated running training zone.You'll find everything from injury prevention to nutrition advice.
We're here to help you with your fundraising. Every year people just like you raise hundreds, or even thousands, of pounds. Here's our handy guide to how you might reach your target (and have fun at the same time!)
- A film night - £100
Whether it's a retro classic or so bad it's good, get a space, some popcorn and invite people to a cosy film night. Ask them to pay what they would in a cinema.
- Sweepstake - £100
Who'll win the grand national? How many sweets are in the jar? Set up a sweepstake and watch the money roll in.
- Dinner party - £150
Wine and dine your friends and family by inviting them to your home for a dinner party. Ask them to pay what they would in a restaurant.
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for any further information. We're here to support 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.