Runs and challenge terms and conditions
1. I confirm that I am medically fit and that I participate in the event at my own risk. The NSPCC will not be held responsible for injury or illness resulting from my participation.
2. I understand that it is my responsibility to read any terms and conditions issued by the race organisers and to comply with these.
3. I will use my best endeavours to raise as much money as I can for the NSPCC - I will forward all monies donated to the Charity either by cash, cheque, CAF or via www.virginmoneygiving.com or www.justgiving.com no later than four weeks after the event.
4. I understand that any money I send into the NSPCC will be treated as a donation and used for the NSPCC's work with children.
5. I will contact the NSPCC if I am unable to take part in the event and forward any money raised to the NSPCC for their work with children and young people.
6. I will only use lawful means to fundraise for the NSPCC and will not bring the charity's names into disrepute or undertake any of the following:
- House to house or street collections;
- Collections on public or private property without the express permission of the owner or a collector's licence from the local authority;
- Incur the NSPCC in any cost, claim, loss or liability.
7. I will ensure that I take responsibility for the safe keeping of money raised in the NSPCC's name, both during and after the collections, until it is transferred to the NSPCC and I will:
- Ensure that if collecting cash, it is counted in the presence of at least one witness and that this amount is written, signed by the witness/es and a cheque for this amount is sent to the NSPCC.
- Send the NSPCC my completed sponsor forms with details of the names and addresses of and amounts donated or pledged by all sponsors no later than 4 weeks after my event. This will allow the NSPCC to process gift aid on donations. Please note that we will not contact your sponsors.
- Ensure that donations of £20 or more made by cheque are payable to 'NSPCC Registered Charity' and ensure that these cheques are sent to the NSPCC no later than 3 weeks after issue.
- Only use sponsorship forms issued by the NSPCC and not use any other type of sponsorship form (unless otherwise agreed with the NSPCC).
9. I will contact the NSPCC before conducting any raffle, lottery or public event, and comply with any guidance, guidelines or insurance and legal requirements issued by the NSPCC in connection with this kind of event.
10. I will not use the NSPCC or any associated logo without first obtaining permission from the NSPCC and will allow the NSPCC to approve any materials produced whether printed or online.
11. I grant permission for the NSPCC to use photographs, motion pictures, quotes, or any other record of my participation in my chosen run for any legitimate purpose. This includes any photos I may send into the charity. I will inform the NSPCC in writing if I do not wish my photos or quotes to be used by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks for your support and good luck with your fundraising!