Lottery and Raffle terms and conditions
Lottery rules for your reassurance
The NSPCC Weekly Lottery is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005 (www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk ), under Operating Licence number 4781. Responsible Person: Adam Morecroft of NSPCC. NSPCC registered office: Weston House, 42 Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3NH, registered charity numbers 216401 and SC037717
All profits from the NSPCC Weekly Lottery are used to fund the NSPCC's work.
Terms and conditions of Lottery participation:
1. By purchasing an entry you agree to these terms and conditions. Any participation instructions form part of these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid. The NSPCC's decisions pursuant to these terms and conditions shall be final and binding. Full terms and conditions are available via the NSPCC website www.nspcc.org.uk/lottery.
2. You represent and agree that:
a. You are 16 years of age or over.
b. You are a resident of the United Kingdom.
c. You will not buy or purport to buy an entry in this lottery on behalf of anybody under the age of 16.
d. You will provide accurate entry information, including your name and personal address
3. You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate to the Promoter your representations under paragraph 2.
4. Entry is open to all residents of the UK (including NSPCC volunteers) but excludes: NSPCC trustees or directors; or NSPCC employees or third parties each directly involved in the administration or management of the Weekly Lottery, or with the ability to influence the Weekly Lottery results.
5. Entry costs £1 per play, payable in advance, by one of the methods permitted within the entry form. Entries may not be sold to or by anyone under under 16 years of age. Each ticket represents one entry only.
6. The NSPCC is not liable for any lost, stolen, delayed, incomplete or illegible entries, or entries that reach us after the closing date, or for any delay in bank payments. Proof of posting is not proof of delivery. Any money received after the closing date will be entered in the next available draw.
6. The NSPCC may (without giving any reason or notice, at its absolute discretion) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, terminate or suspend the weekly lottery.
7. The NSPCC may (without giving any reason or notice, at its absolute discretion) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, terminate or suspend the lottery.
8. The draw is conducted every Friday, or if this is not possible, on the next working day. The closing date for entries will be 5pm every Thursday. The draw takes place at Tannery, Chapel Lane, Galgate, Lancaster, LA2 0PR, utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third party test house. The results of the draw are final.
9. Winners will be notified in writing as soon as possible after the draw. A list of winners will be made available within 14 days of the draw at www.nspcc.org.uk/lottery or in print on request by calling the Weekly Lottery Helpline on 0800 954 7391, unless there are delays in contacting the winners, in which case the list will be made available as soon as the winners' names are finalised. There are no alternatives to any prize except where stated and no interest is payable. Winners cheques are sent within 14 days of the draw.
10. Winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity.
11. Any cheques remaining uncashed for over 6 months will be cancelled and the prize withdrawn.
12. The NSPCC's Complaints and Disputes Procedure forms part of the NSPCC Lottery Policy and Procedures document, which is available via the NSPCC website www.nspcc.org.uk/lottery and which will be made available to customers upon request by calling our Supporter Care team on 0207 825 2505 or by writing to Supporter Care at the NSPCC at the address above.
13. The NSPCC would like you to gamble responsibly. The NSPCC's Responsible Gambling Guide is included in its Lottery Policy and Procedures online at www.nspcc.org.uk/lottery. If you'd like to be excluded from future NSPCC lottery communications please contact our Supporter Care team to be sent a Self-Exclusion form on 0207 825 2505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. If you feel you have a problem with gambling, please call the Gamcare National Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit their website at www.gamcare.co.uk.
15. Winners' cheques are sent in the post to winners within 14 days of the draw.
16. From time to time, a larger super draw will take place, which may be entered online, by telephone, or by purchasing paper tickets. Lottery players' entries will be automatically transferred to the appropriate super draw for that week.
17. Super draws may have cash and non-cash prizes. The winner of each non-cash prize will have the option to choose cash instead of the prize. Winners under the age of 18 will always receive the cash prize.
18. The winners contract in respect of the non-cash prizes is directly with the supplier of the prize, and the NSPCC shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect and/or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize or any part of it. There may be certain conditions attached to some prizes. For example, where the prize is a car, the winner or their nominated driver must produce a valid insurance certificate, road tax and any other documentation required by the NSPCC. Nothing shall exclude the NSPCC's liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence. Suppliers or manufacturers of prize brands are not sponsors of this raffle or involved in any arrangements relating to this raffle.
19. Events outside the NSPCC's control could result in a non-cash prize being replaced by cash or a similar prize of equivalent market value.
Terms and conditions for Speed Draw participation 2017
1.This Speed Draw is open to all entrants in the New Year Resolutions Raffle 2017. No donation or payment in addition to purchase of the New Year Resolutions Raffle tickets is necessary.
2.Only one entry per responder is valid.
3.The Speed Draw shall take place 21 days after the New Year Resolutions Raffle start date, entries received 21 days after the start date will not be considered valid. The prize winners will be selected randomly from all qualifying entries. If a winner cannot be notified within 14 days of the draw, then an alternative winner will be selected. Winners will be notified by post.
4. NSPCC accepts no liability for tickets, entries or prizes that are lost in the post or damaged to the extent that the prize winner cannot be identified.
5. There are 20 prizes, each a £25 Marks & Spencer Gift Card. There is no cash prize alternative. The prize includes free delivery by post within the UK. The prize is non-transferable.
7. The winner agrees to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their name and photography in such publicity. This is subject to prior written notification to the prize winner.
8. The NSPCC will use personal data from the received registrations for the purposes of running this Speed Draw. By entering this Speed Draw, all Entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the NSPCC for the purposes of the administration of this Speed Draw and any other purposes to which the entrant consented.
9. Unclaimed prizes: If, for any reasons, the winner is not contactable four weeks after the draw date or unable to collect the prize, a different winner drawn on the same date, will be contacted.
10. By entering this Speed Draw entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the decisions of the NSPCC, which are final in all matters relating to the Speed Draw.
11. The NSPCC will not be responsible for technical failures or otherwise including any failure which is within the control of the NSPCC or its agencies. The NSPCC reserves the right to extend, withdraw, alter or suspend this draw for legal or technical reasons without any liability. Any such alterations will be posted as soon as is reasonably possible. Events outside NSPCC control could result in a prize being replaced by a similar prize of equivalent value.
12. NSPCC registered office is Weston House, 42 Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3NH. Registered charity number 216401 (England & Wales), SC037717 (Scotland).
13. This Speed Draw is subject to the laws of England and the jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you feel you have a problem with gambling, visit www.gambleaware.org.uk or call the GamCare National Helpline on 0808 8020 133.