Trek Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon
Push yourself to the limit in the UK’s toughest outdoor trek, the National 3 Peaks Challenge. You’ll conquer the three highest peaks in the UK – Scotland’s Ben Nevis, England’s Scafell Pike and Wales’ Snowdon.
There’ll be breath-taking views and an amazing sense of achievement. But it doesn’t come easily. You’ll be setting off at 5am, hiking through the dark of night, and trying to catch as much sleep as possible on the drive between peaks.
The National 3 Peak Challenge begins in Chester at 11am on Friday morning, and includes return travel from Chester to and between the peaks. Accommodation in Fort William on Friday night is also included. Please note that this is not a 24 hour challenge, and we expect to take around 30- 36 hours to complete the three peaks.
What's included in the challenge?
- Travel during the challenge, departing from and returning to Chester Station
- acommodation on Friday night (you'll be sleeping on the journey on Saturday night!)
- meals and drinking water during the challenge
- experienced mountain leaders and medical team
- support before, during, and after the trek including an online participant information hub and a Facebook group to help you keep in touch with your team mates.
How will I reach my fundraising target?
We're here to help you with your fundraising, and every year people just like you raise hundreds, or even thousands of pounds. Here's a handy guide to how you might reach your target (and have fun at the same time!):
Bake sale = £100
Pub Quiz = £500
Ask twenty friends to sponsor £10 = £200
Supermarket bag pack = £50
Dress down/ up day at work = £100
Raffle = £50
5 reasons to join #TeamNSPCC today
- Your own NSPCC trekking top.
- Bespoke training plan to get you in top condition.
- NSPCC bobble hat when you reach your fundraising target.
- Fundraising advice, ideas, and materials.
- NSPCC Facebook and Strava groups to help you keep in touch with your team mates.
What your support means
A child contacts Childline every 25 seconds. And it costs £4 to answer their call.
Every penny you raise will make a difference. Your £400 sponsorship could pay for 100 children to get the help and support they need.
How you'll make a difference
By taking part in the National 3 Peaks Challenge, you're helping to protect children today and prevent abuse from happening tomorrow.