Have you got what it takes to make it to the top?
Do you have what it takes to conquer one of London’s most iconic buildings? NSPCC’s Gherkin Challenge returns on Sunday 28 October, and we want you to join #TeamNSPCC for this fantastic tower event.
You will push yourself to the limit as you climb the steps of the Gherkin, with the view as just one of the reasons you’ll feel on top of the world. There’ll be high-fives, amazing views and the clink of champagne glasses as you celebrate your achievement.
How your money makes a difference
The view is just one of the reasons you’ll feel on top of the world – you’ll also know that you’ve done something amazing for children. By raising £250, you could help our Childline counsellors speak to 60 children who reach out to us for support, when the feel they have nowhere else to turn.
So ready, set... go! Together we can change children’s lives.
Step on it
On your marks...
Race to the top!
Get your hard-earned bubbles
Now time to relax
- Head to the gym: work on your strength endurance and power so your hamstrings, glutes and quads are up to the task. Don't forget core control and arms, as they'll be working hard during the challenge!
- Run to the hills: incorporate hills or flights of steps into your runs to improve your strength endurance and complement your strength training in the gym.
- Work on your technique: during some sessions, focus on your running technique to increase your power. Look up to the horizon, be fast and light on the feet whilst moving your arms quickly.
- Embrace your days off: rest days help your body to recover. Rest means rest. Don't spend the day doing housework!
- Quality fuel: avoid processed foods whenever possible. Fuel your training with healthy carbohydrates. After your workout, enjoy a meal of carbohydrate and protein to help your muscles repair for the next one.