Race day information Getting to The Gherkin Challenge
30 St Mary Axe
The Gherkin has many overground and underground stations surrounding it. But the closest stations are:
- London Liverpool Street
These stations have connections across London. Please check transport services for timings and disruptions before you travel.
Arriving at the Gherkin
- Make your way to the base of The Gherkin where you'll find our event village.
- Here you'll be directed to our sign in area where you can register for the morning.
- There won't be any changing facilities on site, but we'll have an area to store your bags - valuables are left at your own risk
- Toilets are located in Sterling Bar at the base of The Gherkin and at Searcy's Bar at the top.
- You can only bring water and valuables in a zipped, secure pocket. We'll provide water before and after the finish line. In case of emergency, our stairwell volunteers will have water with them.
- Please ensure you arrive at your allotted time. You'll be directed to start line by The Gherkin Challenge volunteers.
Other things to do
Once you've finished your challenge there is a wealth of entertainment on your doorstep.
Discover 1000 years of history at the Tower of London, shop at one of London's finest markets at Old Spitalfields Market or head to West End to catch a matinee performance or a pre-theatre dinner.