Race day information Getting to The Gherkin Challenge
30 St Mary Axe
The Gherkin has many overground and underground stations surrounding it. But the closest stations are:
- London Liverpool Street
These stations have connections across London. Please check transport services for timings and disruptions before you travel.
Getting your results
Whether your racing your team mates or setting yourself a challenge, our timing chip company will ensure your time is recorded on the day.
Results will be live, so you'll be able to see how you did as soon as you reach the top!
Unfortunately we don't have the facilities on site to take your sponsorship money.
Pay in your sponsorship money by completing a paying in form and send this along with cheques to us at the address provided. Or call us on 020 7825 2505 to make a payment over the phone.
Arriving at the Gherkin
- Make your way to the base of The Gherkin where you'll find our event village.
- Here you'll be directed to our sign in area where you can register for the morning.
- There won't be any changing facilities on site, but we'll have an area to store your bags - valuables are left at your own risk
- Toilets are located in Sterling Bar at the base of The Gherkin and at Searcy's Bar at the top.
- You can only bring water and valuables in a zipped, secure pocket. We'll provide water before and after the finish line. In case of emergency, our stairwell volunteers will have water with them.
- Please ensure you arrive at your allotted time. You'll be directed to start line by The Gherkin Challenge volunteers.
There'll be plenty to see and do in our event village, both before and after taking on your Gherkin Challenge.
When you've completed your challenge, make sure you collect your medal and relax with a free massage back in the event village.
Other things to do
Once you've finished your challenge there is a wealth of entertainment on your doorstep.
Discover 1000 years of history at the Tower of London, shop at one of London's finest markets at Old Spitalfields Market or head to West End to catch a matinee performance or a pre-theatre dinner.