60 Minute Challenge Fundraising tips
A child contacts Childline every 25 seconds, and some are going through the toughest times of their lives.
By taking on our 60 Minute Challenge, you’re helping us be there for them when they need us the most.
We’re asking you to raise as much as you can as part of the challenge to help us keep children safe from abuse.
The best way to hit your fundraising target is to start early. Set up your fundraising page and check out our fundraising tips.
Smash your target in 60 minutes
- around pay day, ask your boss or close family and friends to donate the value of 60 minutes of their working day
- bake 60 cakes or treats and sell them for £2.50 each – you could even attempt to sell all 60 in 60 minutes
- complete 60-second mini challenges – from dressing up at work to dying your hair, or do something silly for 60 seconds for sponsorship like hula hoop, hop, skip or jump
- organise a bucket collection during a lunch break at work, or at a local supermarket
- ask for matched giving from your employer where they’ll match what you raise pound for pound
- Gift Aid it - remind your friends to tick the Gift Aid box when they sponsor you. It means we can claim back an extra 25p from the taxman for every £1 pound you receive.
How your best hour will keep children safe
- £60 could pay for our volunteer Childline counsellors to be able to respond to 15 contacts from children
- £160 could pay for a Pregnancy in Mind practitioner to help new parents with the ups and downs of having a baby
- £600 could pay for our Schools Service to talk to 1 classroom of primary school children about abuse and where they can find help if they ever need it.
So make this hour count. Go further than you thought possible. Help us keep children safe from abuse.
Accept the challenge
See how far you can run, swim or cycle in 60 minutes and support our fight for every childhood.