Are you ready to take the challenge?
Challenge friends and colleagues to get to the top. We'll give you all the support you need to get you fitter, faster and ready for the day. Push yourself to the limit this autumn in the ultimate tower running challenge.
Once you've conquered London's largest pickle, you'll be rewarded with a glass of champagne and a spectacular 360 degree view across the capital.
So what are you waiting for?
Step on it
On your marks...
Race to the top!
Get your hard-earned bubbles
Now time to relax
How your money makes a difference
Abuse changes childhoods, but so can we. By taking on The Gherkin Challenge, your £250 sponsorship will make sure that when a child needs a helping hand, we're there.
We help children across the UK to rebuild their lives and you can help us prevent it ruining anymore.
- Head to the gym: work on your strength endurance and power so your hamstrings, glutes and quads are up to the task. Don't forget core control and arms, as they'll be working hard during the challenge!
- Run to the hills: incorporate hills or flights of steps into your runs to improve your strength endurance and complement your strength training in the gym.
- Work on your technique: during some sessions, focus on your running technique to increase your power. Look up to the horizon, be fast and light on the feet whilst moving your arms quickly.
- Embrace your days off: rest days help your body to recover. Rest means rest. Don't spend the day doing housework!
- Quality fuel: avoid processed foods whenever possible. Fuel your training with healthy carbohydrates. After your workout, enjoy a meal of carbohydrate and protein to help your muscles repair for the next one.