Child protection supervision skills course Training to support frontline staff with child protection concerns and make sure child-centred activities are safe
Gain the supervisory skills you need for a child protection-based role.
Taught by experienced professionals, this course will help you learn how to support staff with any child protection concerns they may have, and make sure child-centred activities are delivered safely.
About this course
In this classroom-based training course, you’ll learn how to:
- identify the purpose of supervision, with particular reference to safeguarding work
- explain the different models of supervision and their relationship to practice and safeguarding outcomes
- apply principles of adult learning to your own supervision practice
- practice supervisory skills and evaluate your own performance in order to apply your learning to real life situations
- recognise some of the unhealthy processes in supervision which may result in dangerous practice.
Child protection supervision skills course is for people who are new to a child protection supervisory role, but have previously attended an introductory level course.
People who have taken this course include:
- named safeguarding nurses
- health practitioners
- child protection officers
- education and local authority organisations
- staff with line management responsibilities for practitioners who have contact with children and families.
- Module one: 16-18 May 2017
- Module two: 27-28 June 2017
NCVO, Society Building, 8 All Saints Street, London N1 9RL
- Module one: 1-3 August 2017
- Module two: 12-13 September 2017
NSPCC National Training Centre, 3 Gilmour Close, Leicester, LE4 1EZ
- Module one: 4-6 October 2017
- Module two: 14-15 November 2017
DoubleTree by Hilton Leeds City, Granary Wharf, 2 Wharf Approach, Leeds, LS1 4BR
So much information, well delivered and backed up by the learning pack.
Good variety of methods - discussions, group work, role play.
I feel I have gained additional knowledge as well as confidence in managing supervision.
Excellent trainers, knowledgeable, caring and interesting.
The day course has been a reflective pace to enable to think about the value of and transferable skills used within the supervision. A good mix of multi- disciplinary professionals.
I have thoroughly enjoyed taking part in this course. It has been extremely informative with lots of practical exercises which I feel I will be able to put into practice to enhance my professional life and supervise effectively.
Every question was answered thoroughly and the trainers created a safe, really appropriate environment to learn in.
Accreditation for Continuing
Our child protection and safeguarding training courses are CPD certified and delivered by experienced professionals.