Child protection supervision skills refresher course
Refresh your knowledge and skills in child protection supervision.
Taught by experienced professionals, this course will increase your confidence to support staff with any child protection concerns they may have, and make sure child-centred activities are delivered safely.
About this course
In this classroom-based training course, you'll review and update your supervisory knowledge and skills. You'll learn how to:
- identify key principles of effective child protection supervision
- update your knowledge of current research, legislation and guidance related to child protection supervision
- identify challenges presented in supervision practice
- reflect on your practice to develop strategies for tackling challenges in supervision.
The course is for people who have previously attended the Child protection supervision skills course to refresh their knowledge and skills.
People who have taken this course include:
- named safeguarding nurses
- health practitioners
- child protection officers
- education and local authority organisations
- staff with line management responsibilities for practitioners who have contact with children and families.
Participant reviews for Child protection supervision skills course
So much information, well delivered and backed up by the learning pack.
Good variety of methods - discussions, group work, role play.
I feel I have gained additional knowledge as well as confidence in managing supervision.
Excellent trainers, knowledgeable, caring and interesting.
The day course has been a reflective pace to enable to think about the value of and transferable skills used within the supervision. A good mix of multi- disciplinary professionals.
I have thoroughly enjoyed taking part in this course. It has been extremely informative with lots of practical exercises which I feel I will be able to put into practice to enhance my professional life and supervise effectively.
Every question was answered thoroughly and the trainers created a safe, really appropriate environment to learn in.