Training for trainers in child protection in Scotland Develop your skills and confidence for delivering child protection training in Scotland
Gain the skills to deliver child protection training. Taught by experienced professionals, you’ll learn how to plan, design, deliver and evaluate your course.
A minimum of two years child protection practice is required. This course doesn’t provide training on child protection.
£1725 per person
4 day face-to-face training course
This course is broken into 2 modules taking place over 2 separate dates:
First module: 2 days
Second module: 2 days
No course dates currently available. Please check back for updates.
For more information, contact us on 0808 800 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About this course
In this classroom-based training course, you’ll learn how to:
- describe the various means and methods for the identification of child protection training needs
- understand the different theories that influence the adult learning process
- describe the training cycle and the importance of following it systematically so that issues relating to diversity practice are fully integrated in training
- identify your own and others preferred styles of learning and understand how different learning styles influence the training process
- know how to identify and develop strategies to ensure that issues relating to diversity practice are fully integrated in training
- demonstrate awareness of the emotional component of child protection training and identify strategies of managing this at various stages of the training event
- identify and list performance objectives for a child protection training event
- describe a range of training methods and the suitability of each to reflect training principles
- renew knowledge relating to group processes and apply this to the design of child protection training events
- identify the problems and benefits of co-working
- facilitate a training session and share skills in relation to the presentation of material and the facilitation of discussions
- identify the various methods and levels involved in the evaluation of the effectiveness of training.
This is a professional development course and you will need to have the common core of skills and knowledge for promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is designed for those who have received previous child protection training and have knowledge of local, regional and national child protection policies and procedures.
Training for trainers in child protection Scotland is an advanced course for individuals who have previously attended an introductory level course and want to up-skill to deliver quality child protection training.
A minimum of two years child protection practice is required.
People who have taken our Training for trainers courses include:
- voluntary organisations trainers
- nursery managers
- training organisations
- individuals looking to run their own business
- CPC Learning and development staff
This course doesn't provide training on child protection.
The supportive feedback from participants and tutors really challenged me to reflect on my delivery of input and helped to identify any bad habits.
I highly recommend this course to anyone wishing to develop their training skills.