Introduction to child protection in Scotland course Training course for organisations that work with children
Gain the skills to act appropriately and confidently with the children you work with.
Taught by experienced professionals, this introductory course will help you recognise, report and record concerns about a child’s welfare in Scotland.
About this course
In this classroom-based course, you’ll learn how to:
- identify what is meant by child abuse
- name the categories of child abuse and neglect
- recognise the signs and indicators of possible abuse
- identify the relevant legislation and guidance that provides the framework for protection of children and young people
- identify the barriers to children and adults reporting concerns
- know how to respond and report your concerns.
This is an introductory course for anyone who works with children or families in Scotland in their paid or voluntary work, so you don’t need any previous child protection training.
People who have taken this course include:
- early year’s practitioners
- nursery workers
- event organisers
- people working in children’s leisure and entertainment, or religious organisations
Very informative and interesting.
A good course, very interesting and trainer was excellent