Safeguarding children and young people in Northern Ireland training An introductory course for organisations that work with children in Northern Ireland
Taught by experienced professionals, this introductory course will give you a clear understanding of how to recognise, report and record concerns about a child’s welfare.
3 hour face-to-face training course
Belfast - 6 December 2017 – 14.00 – 17.00
The Lanyon Building, Jennymount Business Park, North Derby Street, Belfast, BT15 3HN
About this course
In this classroom-based course, you’ll learn how to:
- identify what is meant by safeguarding and child abuse
- name the categories of child abuse and neglect
- recognise the signs and indicators of possible abuse
- identify the relevant legislation and guidance that safeguards young people
- identify the barriers to children and adults reporting concerns
- respond appropriately and report your concerns.
This training is in line with the SBNI Child Safeguarding Learning and Development Strategy and Framework 2015-2018.
This is an introductory course for anyone who works with children or families in Northern Ireland in their paid or voluntary work, so you don't need any previous child protection training.
People who have taken this course include:
- early year's practitioners
- nursery workers
- event organisers
- people working in children's leisure and entertainment, or religious organisations
- district council staff, for example leisure centre staff and park keepers.
Belfast - 6 December, 14:00 – 17:00
The Lanyon Building, 2nd floor, Jennymount Business Park, North Derby Street, Belfast, BT15 3HN