Introduction to child protection in Northern Ireland course An introductory course for organisations that work with children in Northern Ireland
Taught by experienced professionals, this introductory course will give you a clear understanding of how to recognise, report and record concerns about a child’s welfare.
About this course
In this classroom-based course, you’ll learn how to:
- identify what is meant by safeguarding and child abuse
- name the categories of child abuse and neglect
- recognise the signs and indicators of possible abuse
- identify the relevant legislation and guidance that safeguards young people
- identify the barriers to children and adults reporting concerns
- respond appropriately and report your concerns.
This is an introductory course for anyone who works with children or families in Northern Ireland in their paid or voluntary work, so you don't need any previous child protection training.
People who have taken this course include:
- early year's practitioners
- nursery workers
- event organisers
- people working in children's leisure and entertainment, or religious organisations
- district council staff, for example leisure centre staff and park keepers.