It's your call Working with UK employers to keep children safe
Do your employees feel confident enough to trust their instincts and their senses if they witness signs of child abuse or neglect when they enter someone’s home?
Do they know how to act on these concerns and report possible signs of child abuse?
If not, as the leading providers of safeguarding training in the UK, the NSPCC have developed a short, interactive online course – It’s your call – to help your employees recognise the signs of child abuse and neglect and understand what actions need to be taken.
The NSPCC have produced a 15-minute interactive online learning course to help workers who enter or have access to people’s homes to:
- recognise the signs of possible abuse and neglect
- encourage them to report concerns either through their work channels, the NSPCC helpline, or if the concern is urgent, the police
- support those who may have already witnessed signs of child abuse know what to do about it and provide advice.
How Brad’s call helped save a child from neglect
Brad is an engineer and his story shows how important it is to be able to recognise the signs of child abuse and neglect and to help protect children at risk. He was able to recognise a potentially dangerous situation for a child and called our NSPCC helpline. This story inspired the NSPCC to create It’s your call and we're working proactively with organisations to deliver the course to as many workers and tradespeople as possible.
Would your employees know what to look out for and who to call?
Unlike commercial training providers, all income generated from the sale of It’s your call will be reinvested back into the NSPCC to protect children.
Purchasing an individual course costs £30, however the NSPCC have a pricing scheme for multiple purchases and will tailor a group package to suit your organisation's needs.
Final pricing for It’s your call will be based upon a combination of:
- volume of learners/employees
- whether hosting is required
- if any additional NSPCC service such as professional consulting services is included.