Safer interviewing skills (Scotland) Develop your knowledge of safer interviewing techniques to better protect children and young people when recruiting
This course will give you the skills and techniques to protect children and young people through safer interviewing.
You will learn how to ask clear and relevant questions in structured interviews, with a distinct focus on personality, behaviour and attitudes. The course is taught by experienced professionals and uses an evidence based approach.
About this course
In this classroom-based course, you’ll learn how to:
- understand how interview questions focusing on attitudes and behaviours can protect children
- practise interviewing candidates in a style that promotes the welfare and protection of children and young people
- use active listening and a range of questioning techniques to explore candidates’ answers in-depth
- gain additional information to make a more informed decision
- analyse evidence of candidates' behaviours and attitudes against a set criteria
- consider how this technique can be implemented within your organisation.
Safer interviewing skills training is for individuals who have responsibility for interviewing candidates for posts that interact with children and young people.