Volunteer counsellor role Can you spare some time to listen to children who need our help?
Childline is a vital service available 365 days a year to support children and young people, whatever their worry or concern.
As a volunteer counsellor, you'll be trained and develop the skills needed to offer comfort, support and practical advice to the many young people and children who call us for help.
What our volunteers say
"The most rewarding part of the role for me is that I know I have made a difference to a child's life."
How to play your part
You'll need to be available:
- to take part in 51 hours of initial training and mentoring
- for one 4 and a 1/4 hour shift a week at the same time each week for a minimum commitment of 1 year
- to attend regular volunteer workshops
You'll need to be the kind of person who:
- is a good listener
- can identify and deal with stress
- is able to engage and empathise with people and the problems or concerns they may have without judgement
- has a good level of IT skills or is willing to learn
Training and support for volunteers
Help us be there for children in need
Each year we keep one million children across the UK safe from abuse. But we can’t do it without your support. Your donation can help us keep even more children safe from abuse.