Volunteer for ChildLine Schools Service
Become a volunteer and play your part in protecting children
The Childline Schools Service is protecting a generation of children against abuse. One primary school at a time. And we want you to play your part.
As a Childline Schools Service volunteer, you'll visit local schools giving assemblies and classroom workshops to 9-11 year olds. You'll help them to understand abuse, and give them the confidence and courage to speak out and seek help if they ever need it.
"I help to deliver half-hour assemblies and 1-hour workshops to 9 to 11 year olds, and thoroughly enjoy my volunteering work for the ChildLine Schools Service. It’s great and very satisfying to know that we are getting the message across to children that they don’t have to deal with anything on their own."
Bernie Riley / ChildLine Schools Service volunteer
How to play your part
You'll need to be available for:
- 2 school visits a month (during term time)
- a 2-day training workshop
You'll need to be the kind of person who:
- believes in the empowerment and protection of all children
- has the confidence to speak in front of a group of primary-school children
- can communicate and engage with children
- has basic IT skills and regular access to email
Search volunteer roles
Look for ChildLine volunteer roles near you.