Give your time and talents to support others
Every year thousands of our supporters walk, run, cycle and challenge themselves to raise money for the NSPCC and change lives.
But they couldn’t do it without the enthusiastic support of our event volunteers, who give our eventers the boost they need to make it to the finish line.
Helping at our events is an easy way to volunteer and support our work.
London Landmarks Half Marathon
We’re looking for enthusiastic event volunteers to join us at the London Landmarks Half Marathon for the themed cheer point on Sunday 24th March 2019 .
As well as cheering on #TeamNSPCC, you will be helping at our unique and exciting cheer point where we will be helping the runners and crowds alike re-live their childhood memories.
"We can't wait to join Team NSPCC again!"
“My family and I headed home with croaky voices after all our cheering and shouting, sun-kissed skin and jingling in our ears from the sounds of cow bells, whistles and bam bam balloons. It truly was a great day and we hope to be joining you again.”
– NSPCC event volunteer at the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon
More about being an event volunteer
We currently need event volunteers for the following events:
- London Landmarks Half Marathon – 24 March 2019
- Brighton Marathon 2019, Brighton –14 March 2019
- Brighton 10K 2019, Brighton – 14 April 2019
- London Marathon, London – 24 April 2019
- Newport Marathon & 10k, Newport – 05 May 2019
- Great Bristol 10k, Bristol – 05 May 2019
- Leeds Half Marathon, Leeds – 12 May 2019
- Velo Birmingham Midlands, Birmingham – 12/05/2019
- Great Manchester Run, Manchester –19 May 2019
- Edinburgh Marathon Festival, Edinburgh – 26 May 2019
- Ride, London – 04 August 2019
- Great North Run, Newcastle – 08 Septmber 2019
- New Forest Festival, New Forest – 08 September 2019
- Richmond RunFest - Kew 10k, Richmond – 14 September 2019
- Richmond Running Festival, Richmond – 15 September 2019
- Robin Hood Half Marathon, Nottingham – 29 September 2019
- Cheltenham Half Marathon, Chetltenham – 29 September 2019
- Great Scottish Run, Scotland – 29 September 2019
- Royal Parks Half, London – 01 October 2019
- Great South Run, Portsmouth – 01 October 2019
- Great Birmingham Run, Birmingham – 01 October 2019
- Cardiff Half Marathon (family day), Cardiff – 05 October 2019
- Cardiff Half Marathon, Cardiff – 06 October 2019
We need your help to:
- create a party atmosphere at our cheering stations – you'll get a lovely NSPCC t-shirt to wear on the day, which is yours to keep.
- clap, whoop and encourage our eventers round their courses.
The amount of time we need our volunteers for depends on the event, but we generally will need our event cheerers for 4-6 hours. However, if you can only commit to fewer hours that is also completely fine!
Yes, we can pay you up to £5 to cover travel expenses.
We'll supply you with your very own NSPCC t-shirt and cheering materials, including whistles, bam bams, clappers, cow bells and pom poms. All we ask is that you wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather! Other than that, just bring yourself and prepare to have a good time.
We happily welcome all ages but we ask that volunteers under the age of 18 are accompanied by an adult who has also signed up. We can also supply child-sized NSPCC t-shirts to younger volunteers.
Yes, you can happily sign up to volunteer at as many events as you'd like.