Case reviews National case review repository
In November 2013 we launched the national case review repository, in collaboration with the Association of Independent LSCB Chairs.
The repository provides a single place for published case reviews to make it easier to access and share learning at a local, regional and national level.
The repository is accessible via the NSPCC library online, which has over 800 case reviews and inquiry reports dating back to 1945.
Case reviews published in 2017
Case reviews published in 2016
Case reviews published in 2015
Case reviews published in 2014
Case reviews published in 2013
How published reports are added to the national repository
- Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCBs) in England are asked to submit newly published case review reports via email@example.com.
- Newly published serious case reviews will be catalogued and an electronic version stored in the NSPCC Library Online.
- Copyright of the published reports remains with the publishing LSCB.
- We will send an acknowledgement email to the LSCB to let them know that the report has been added to the repository.
- We will request if other case review reports commissioned after 10 June 2010 may also be deposited within the repository.
- LSCBs may submit other learning and case review reports for inclusion in the NSPCC library collection if they wish, in the spirit of sharing their learning more widely.
- We are able to publish reports anonymously on behalf of the LSCB and would welcome conversations with LSCBs about this.
- Case review reports will remain available electronically for five years (subject to any specific legal rulings), after which the link to the electronic version will be removed, but the catalogue record will remain.
- Access to the electronic versions of the case review reports stored by the NSPCC will only be available by searching the NSPCC Library Online. They will not be retrieved via a Google search.
Practice and research from case reviews
Learning from case reviews
Research reports on case reviews
We've compiled a list of published research reports that analyse the details and recommendations from case reviews. These provide a valuable overview of common themes and highlight improvements for practice.
Safeguarding through audit
Support for professionals
Improving the quality and use of serious case reviews
Our Current Awareness Service for Practice, Policy And Research delivers free weekly email alerts to keep you up-to-date with all the latest safeguarding and child protection news.
Follow us on Twitter and keep up-to-date with all the latest news in child protection.
We hold the UK's largest collection of child protection resources and the only UK database specialising in published material on child protection, child abuse and child neglect.
New in the Library
A free weekly email listing all of the new child protection publications added to our library collection.
Helping you keep children safe
Read our guide for professionals on what we do and the ways we can work with you to protect children and prevent abuse and neglect.
Training and consultancy
Impact and evidence
Sharing knowledge to keep children safe
Read our guide to the NSPCC Knowledge and Information Service to find out how we can help you with child protection queries, support your research, and help you learn and develop.