Training for child protection trainers course Advanced course with optional accreditation to learn how to deliver child protection training
Gain the skills to deliver child protection training. Taught by experienced professionals, you’ll learn how to plan, design, deliver and evaluate your course.
A minimum of two years child protection practice is required. There is also an option to gain accreditation with the NSPCC Certificate of Competency in Child Protection Training.
About this course
In this classroom-based training course, you’ll learn how to:
- describe the various means and methods for the identification of child protection training needs
- understand the different theories that influence the adult learning process
- describe the training cycle and the importance of following it systematically so that issues relating to diversity practice are fully integrated in training
- identify your own and others preferred styles of learning and understand how different learning styles influence the training process
- know how to identify and develop strategies to ensure that issues relating to diversity practice are fully integrated in training
- demonstrate awareness of the emotional component of child protection training and identify strategies of managing this at various stages of the training event
- identify and list performance objectives for a child protection training event
- describe a range of training methods and the suitability of each to reflect training principles
- renew knowledge relating to group processes and apply this to the design of child protection training events
- identify the problems and benefits of co-working
- facilitate a training session and share skills in relation to the presentation of material and the facilitation of discussions
- identify the various methods and levels involved in the evaluation of the effectiveness of training.
This course offers the opportunity for accreditation with the NSPCC Certificate of Competency in Child Protection Training.
Training for trainers in child protection is an advanced course for individuals who have previously completed child protection training and hold a responsibility for the delivery of quality safeguarding training.
A minimum of two years child protection practice is required.
People who have taken this course include:
- training consultants
- safeguarding development officers
- nursery managers
- training organisations
- individuals developing a role as safeguarding trainers.
This course doesn’t provide training on child protection.
This programme offers trainers and/or experienced practitioners who have a strategic role in child protection training and development the opportunity for accreditation with the NSPCC Certificate of Competency in Child Protection Training.
Participants registering for the accreditation will need to submit an application form for consideration within 3 months of completing the six-day taught programme, and must meet the following requirements:
- have a minimum of two years practice experience in promoting and safeguarding children's welfare
- have delivered training to those who work regularly with children, young people and adults who are parents/carers
- have a strategic role in own agency or inter-agency safeguarding training.
The accreditation involves an assessment process and candidates will be required to demonstrate their training competence against a number of performance indicators. These indicators cover all aspects of the training cycle which are underpinned by safeguarding children practice.
Candidates are required to prepare and submit a practice portfolio to evidence competence in child protection training.
Maximum time available for assessment is 21 hours over a 6-9 month period.
Additional cost for accreditation
If you have any questions about accreditation, please email email@example.com
Module one: 19-21 September 2017
Module two: 17-19 October 2017
DoubleTree by Hilton Leeds City, Granary Wharf, 2 Wharf Approach, Leeds, LS1 4BR
Module one: 10-12 October 2017
Module two: 8-10 November 2017
NCVO, Society Building, 8 All Saints Street, London N1 9RL
Module one: 1-3 November 2017
Module two: 6-8 December 2017
NSPCC National Training Centre, 3 Gilmour Close, Leicester, LE4 1EZ
Accreditation for Continuing
Our child protection and safeguarding training courses are CPD certified and delivered by experienced professionals.
I honestly have never been on a course that has delivered so much. The trainers are simply amazing.
Absolutely loved this course – informative learnt loads – everything was brilliant.
Feel more empowered to facilitate training and more aware of my own strengths and weaknesses around my knowledge.
I feel much more empowered to tackle training and individual different learning styles
Style of the course enabled me to learn a lot from other participants as well as from the trainer.