Introduction to safeguarding and child protection An introductory training course for anyone who works with children
Gain the safeguarding skills you need to act appropriately and confidently to protect the children you work with.
Our 1 day face-to-face training course will teach you how to recognise, report and record
concerns about a child’s welfare in England and Wales.
About this course
In this classroom-based course, you’ll learn how to:
- identify what is meant by safeguarding and child abuse
- name the categories of child abuse and neglect
- recognise the signs and indicators of possible abuse
- identify the relevant legislation and guidance that safeguards young people
- identify the barriers to children and adults reporting concerns
- know how to respond and report your concerns
This is an introductory course for anyone who works with children or families in their paid or voluntary work, so you don’t need any previous child protection training.
People who have taken this course include:
- early year’s practitioners
- nursery workers
- housing officer
- health and safety officers
- people working in children’s leisure and entertainment, and religious organisations
- professionals and volunteers from commercial and community organisations
Style was engaging and promoted healthy debate.
An excellent informative event.
Excellent trainer, knew subject extremely well, kept course flowing, allowed participation.