Keeping children safe online course An online introductory safeguarding course for anyone who works with children
Learn how children use the internet and how you can keep them safe from abuse.
Working at your own pace, this introductory training course will help you gain the skills to act appropriately and confidently to protect the children you work with.
About this course
Working at your own pace, you’ll learn about :
- how children use the internet and technology
- the risks they face from other people - both other children and adult offenders
- behaviour by children that exposes them to greater risks online
- what to do if children experience issues such as cyber bullying or grooming
- how to make organisations safer places for children to go online
- how to conduct an e-safety audit and create an acceptable use policy for your organisation.
How the online course works
Each section takes about 30-45 minutes to complete, followed by five questions. At the end of each section you’ll be given a full explanation of the correct and incorrect answers.
The course includes:
- teaching pages
- film clips
- audio recordings
- reflective tasks
- interactive learning activities and quizzes
Once you've successfully completed this course you can download a personalised certificate of achievement.
Keeping children safe online is an introductory course for anyone who works with children or families in their paid or voluntary work. You don’t need any previous child protection training.
People who have taken this course include:
- social workers
- youth clubs
- police local authorities
- people working in children’s leisure, community and religious organisations.
Our online training should run in most web browsers, though we recommend that you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, or Microsoft Edge.
Please note: our courses are not compatible with Mozilla Firefox. Unfortunately our courses are also not currently compatible with iPads and other tablet and mobile devices.
Before beginning your course, we recommend installing the latest version of your web browser and Adobe Flash Player.
Having trouble? Try:
- clearing your cache
- accepting our cookies
- turning off private browsing
- turning off your pop-up blocker
This is a comprehensive general introduction to the area of e-safety which will enable professionals working with children to identify and manage risks with confidence. Many thanks!
Really useful course. Clearly outlines each module and provides useful links and videos to support information provided.
I think the course is great. The fact that it costs a little, can be done at own pace and covers the organisation response as well as warnings makes it a professional support I would recommend someone in a school take part in.