Understanding the Needs of Children in Northern Ireland (UNOCINI) course A face-to-face course teaching front line workers how to confidently use the UNOCINI framework when protecting children
This course will give you a clear understanding of the factors which make some families vulnerable, as well as the skills to progress child safeguarding concerns which have arisen because of these vulnerabilities.
About this course
In this classroom-based course, you’ll learn how to:
- identify when, how and why to use UNOCINI
- describe the threshold of needs within the UNOCINI framework
- understand how the UNOCINI forms fit into a child protection assessment framework
- consider a child’s needs within the context of their environment
- ensure awareness of your organisation’s designated officers input into the process
- describe the 3 areas and 12 domains, and the key factors within each domain
- explore thresholds for acting on concerns both within and between agencies
- complete all the necessary elements of the UNOCINI form
Our UNOCINI course is for those who work directly with children or who has responsibility for safeguarding within an organisation
You must have previously attended an introductory level course in child protection.
People who could take this course include:
- Family support workers
- Early years workers
- Designated officers
There are no dates currently scheduled for this course.