Join #TeamNSPCC and take on the fast, flat Bath Half Marathon for charity
We're excited to be a lead Charity Partner for the Bath Half Marathon on Sunday 15 October 2023. This scenic 13.1 mile (21.1km) flat route - also known as the BATHALF - will take you on a 2-lap course through the stunning World Heritage City of Bath. It starts and ends in Great Pulteney Street and straddles both sides of the River Avon.
Why take part?
- Receive world-class training tips and tailored support from our training partners
- Get your own NSPCC running vest with iron-on letters
- Be spoilt with VIP treatment at our post-race food and drink marquee
- Enjoy lots of whoops and cheers from our cheer points en route
- You'll be doing something amazing for children
A child contacts Childline every 25 seconds and it costs £4 to answer their call. By raising £300 you could pay for up to 75 children to get the help and support they need from our Childline counsellors*.
Sign up today
Registration is £15 and we ask that you raise a minimum of £300 to support our work.
Already got a place?
The Bath Half Marathon is organised by Running High Events. If you've already bought your place in this event, we'd love to welcome you to the team as an own place runner.
Do something amazing and support the NSPCC.
Personalised training from Full Potential
Our expert trainers Full Potential are with you every step of the way on your running journey. You'll get:
- A plan to get you ready that's tailored to your experience, level of fitness and goals.
- Real coaches that you can email or call to get advice or reassurance that your training is going well.
- Training days where you come together with coaches and other participants.
- NSPCC Facebook and Strava groups to help you keep in touch with your teammates.
Get started today with our dedicated running training zone. You'll find everything from injury prevention to nutrition advice.
"Full Potential were extremely helpful, always responding quickly to emails and were very encouraging! The training event was excellent."
NSPCC event participant
Charity fundraising ideas
As the world is changing daily, so is the way people are fundraising for charity and asking for sponsorship. We’re here to help you think of fundraising in a different and safe way during this time.
Did you know… Donations made via Just Giving are paid to the NSPCC once a week. This means we put every donation to use immediately - so we can continue to be there for children.
Here's our handy guide to how you might get your fundraising started (and have fun at the same time!):
- Online pub quiz - £100
You don’t need to be at your local to hold a quiz. Get online and use a video conference platform to host one instead. Ask individuals to donate in return for taking part.
- Hold an online class - £100
You may be a teacher, fancy yourself as a fitness guru or think you can teach a musical instrument. Why not reach out to friends and family and host a class?
- Have a clear out - £150
Having a big sort out is great during any time of the year. Sell your unwanted clothes and accessories online to rack up the cash.
Questions about your charity run?
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for any further information. We're here to support you 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Your donation could go towards Childline or it could help us fund the NSPCC's therapeutic services or Speak Out Stay Safe. Donations are distributed based on need.