Take on the UK’s biggest half marathon for charity
Join #TeamNSPCC at the Great North Run on Sunday 08 September 2024 - and help us be there for every child. The route takes you through Newcastle, over the iconic Tyne Bridge and on to the finish in picturesque coastal town of South Shields - all shown on the BBC!
Why take part?
- Receive world class training tips and tailored support from our training partners.
- Your own NSPCC running vest with iron on letters.
- VIP treatment at our post-race marquee with food, drinks and a sports massage.
- Lots of whoops and cheers from our cheer points en route.
- You’ll be doing something amazing for children.
A child contacts childline every 45 seconds, on average. And it costs £4 to answer each call. By raising £375 you could pay for up to 93 children to get the help and support they need from our Childline counsellors*.
Get a charity place
Sign up before Christmas and register for just £1 using the code 'EARLYBIRD'. We ask that you raise a minimum of £375 to support our work.
"It was great to see the NSPCC cheer points, especially the green cheer bus - the cheering and support made me smile and helped me through till the end."
Great North runner, 2018
Personalised training from Full Potential
Our expert trainers Full Potential are with you every step of the way on your running journey.
- a plan to get you ready that's tailored to your experience, level of fitness and goals
- real coaches that you can email or call to get advice or reassurance that your training is going well
- training days where you come together with coaches and other participants
- access to NSPCC Facebook and Strava groups to help you keep in touch with your teammates.
Get started today with our dedicated running training zone. You'll find everything from injury prevention to nutrition advice.
"Full Potential were extremely helpful, always responding quickly to emails and were very encouraging! The training event was excellent."
NSPCC event participant
Email us on [email protected] with any questions or for any further information. We're here to support 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
See more charity challenges
Tough Mudder Newcastle
Test your mental and physical fitness and join Team NSPCC on the infamous Tough Mudder obstacle course.
Brighton Marathon 2024
Your donation could go towards Childline or it could help us fund NSPCC's therapeutic services or Speak Out Stay Safe. Donations are distributed based on need.