Do your own fundraising terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for DIY fundraisers
To fundraise for the NSPCC by organising your own event, activity or challenge, you must agree the terms and conditions below. These terms constitute the fundraising agreement between NSPCC and you, as a participant.
Planning your event, activity or challenge
1. Anyone organising their own fundraising event, activity or challenge for the NSPCC must be aged 18 or over by the Event Date.
2. I understand that the fundraising event, activity or challenge I’m organising is in aid of the NSPCC. I understand that:
a. The event, activity or challenge is my responsibility (including but not limited to all costs and liability) and the NSPCC bears no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the event. The event, activity or challenge won’t be covered by the NSPCC’s insurance programme. If appropriate, I will arrange my own insurance and will make sure that contractors and external facilities used can demonstrate evidence or the relevant insurance cover.
b. If taking part in an active challenge, I confirm that I am medically fit and acknowledge and agree that I participate in the challenge at my own risk. The NSPCC shall not be responsible or liable for injury or illness resulting from my participation and I need to arrange my own insurance.
c. I am responsible for the health and safety of all involved in my event, activity or challenge.
d. I am responsible for ensuring food hygiene and ensuring that I have the relevant licenses e.g. if selling alcohol at the event.
1. I will use my best endeavours to raise money for NSPCC in connection with my participation in the event.
2. I understand and will make clear to those who support my fundraising that any money I send into the NSPCC will be treated as a donation and used for the NSPCC's work with children.
3. Donations are not generally refundable, even if the event does not take place.
4. I will forward all monies donated to the Charity either by cash, cheque, CAF or via an online giving provider no later than four weeks after the event.
5. I will only use lawful means to fundraise for the NSPCC and will not bring the charity's names into disrepute. I will observe the following fundraising rules and I will comply with any further rules and requirements about fundraising of which NSPCC may notify me:
• I will not use the NSPCC or any associated logo without first obtaining permission from the NSPCC and will allow the NSPCC to approve any materials produced whether printed or online.
• I will tell event attendees that I am raising money “in aid of” the NSPCC.
• I will not incur nor am I authorised to incur any cost, claim, loss or liability on behalf of NSPCC.
• I will contact the NSPCC before conducting any raffle, lottery or public event, and comply with any guidance, guidelines or insurance and legal requirements issued by the NSPCC in connection with this kind of event.
• I will obtain approval from NSPCC before approaching press or celebrities to support my event.
• I will secure the necessary approvals prior to undertaking street collections or collections on private property. House-to-house collections are not permitted.
I will ensure that I take responsibility for the safe keeping of money raised in the NSPCC's name, both during and after the collections, until it is transferred to the NSPCC and I will:
• If relevant, send the NSPCC my completed sponsor forms with details of the names and addresses of and amounts donated or pledged by all sponsors no later than 4 weeks after my event. This will allow the NSPCC to process gift aid on donations. Please note that we will not contact your sponsors.
• Ensure that donations of £20 or more made by cheque are payable to 'NSPCC Registered Charity' and ensure that these cheques are sent to the NSPCC no later than 3 weeks after issue.
• Only use sponsorship forms issued by the NSPCC and not use any other type of sponsorship form (unless otherwise agreed with the NSPCC).
I confirm I have read, understood and agree to all the terms and conditions set out above, and understand NSPCC may terminate our relationship if I am in breach of any of the terms and conditions.
We recommend that you print and keep a copy of this agreement with a note of the date on which you accepted its terms and conditions. If you have any questions or concerns please contact email@example.com. Many thanks for your support and good luck with your fundraising!