Take on the UK’s biggest and most famous half marathon
Abuse changes childhoods. But so can we. Join our Simplyhealth Great North Run team in 2019 and help us fight for every childhood.
Now the UK’s biggest and most famous half marathon, the route takes you from Newcastle, over the iconic Tyne Bridge and on to the finish in picturesque coastal town of South Shields.
Every mile you run and every penny you raise will mean that when a child needs us, we’re there. Together we can rebuild children’s lives and prevent abuse from ruining anymore.
Already got a place?
If you've already got your place in the Simply Health Great North Run, we'd love to welcome you to our team. There's no minimum fundraising target, just have fun and raise as much as you can.
Get a charity place
Registration is just £20 and we ask for all our runners to raise £375.
5 reasons to join #TeamNSPCC
1. Your own NSPCC vest so we can see you on event day and cheer you on.
2. Post race marquee with food and refreshments at the finish point in South Shields.
3. 2 NSPCC cheer points on route where we'll give you all the encouragement you need!
4. A personalised training plan created by our team of professional coaches just for you.
5. NSPCC Facebook and Strava groups to help you keep in touch with your team mates.
Running training zone
Visit our running training zone for expert advice from our training partners Full Potential.
Whether you're feeling inspired or in need of some ideas, our free fundraising packs are full of hints and tips, advice and materials to get you started.
How you’ll make a difference
Abuse changes childhoods, but so can we. By taking part in a fundraising event, your donation will make sure that when a child needs a helping hand, we’re there.
We help children across the UK to rebuild their lives and we’re finding ways to prevent abuse from ruining any more.