Take on the UK’s biggest and most famous half marathon
Abuse changes childhoods. But so can we. Join our Simplyhealth Great North Run team in 2018 and help us fight for every childhood.
Now the UK’s biggest and most famous half marathon, the route takes you from Newcastle, over the iconic Tyne Bridge and on to the finish in picturesque coastal town of South Shields.
Every mile you run and every penny you raise will mean that when a child needs us, we’re there. Together we can rebuild children’s lives and prevent abuse from ruining anymore.
Get a charity place
Charity registerations for the Great North Run 2018 have now closed.
If you'd like to join our team in 2019, please get in touch below.
5 reasons to join #TeamNSPCC
1. Your own NSPCC vest so we can see you on event day and cheer you on.
2. Post race marquee with food and refreshments at the finish point in South Shields.
3. 2 NSPCC cheer points on route where we'll give you all the encouragement you need!
4. A personalised training plan created by our team of professional coaches just for you.
5. NSPCC Facebook and Strava groups to help you keep in touch with your team mates.
Running training zone
Visit our running training zone for expert advice from our training partners Full Potential.
Whether you're feeling inspired or in need of some ideas, our free fundraising packs are full of hints and tips, advice and materials to get you started.
How you’ll make a difference
Abuse changes childhoods, but so can we. By taking part in a fundraising event, your donation will make sure that when a child needs a helping hand, we’re there.
We help children across the UK to rebuild their lives and we’re finding ways to prevent abuse from ruining any more.
You might also like...
Volunteer at an event
Do your own fundraising
Make a donation today
A child will contact Childline every 25 seconds. Donate now and help us be there for every child.