Take on the UK’s biggest half marathon
Join #TeamNSPCC on 13 September 2020 at the Simplyhealth Great North Run - and help us be there for every child. The route takes you through Newcastle, over the iconic Tyne Bridge and on to the finish in picturesque coastal town of South Shields- all shown on the BBC!
Why take part?
- Receive world class training tips and tailored support from our training partners.
- Your own NSPCC running vest with iron on letters.
- VIP treatment at our post-race marquee with food, drink. and sports massage.
- Lots of whoops and cheers from our cheer point and cheer bus en route.
- You’ll be doing something amazing for children.
A child contacts Childline every 25 seconds. And it costs £4 to answer their call. By raising £375 you could pay for up to 93 children to get the help and support they need from our Childline counsellors*.
Sign up today
Registration is just £20 and we ask that you raise a minimum of £375 to support our work.
Personalised training from Full Potential
Our expert trainers Full Potential are with you every step of the way on your running journey.
- A plan to get you ready that's tailored to your experience, level of fitness and goals
- Real coaches that you can email or call to get advice or reassurance that your training is going well
- Training days where you come together with coaches and other participant
- NSPCC Facebook and Strava groups to help you keep in touch with your team mates.
Get started today with our dedicated running training zone.You'll find everything from injury prevention to nutrition advice.
"Full Potential were extremely helpful, always responding quickly to emails and were very encouraging! The training event was excellent."
NSPCC event participant
The Simply Health Great North Run is organised by the Great Run Company. The public ballot for the 2020 Great North Run will open in January.
If you’re lucky enough to secure a place in this event, we would love to welcome you to the team as an own place runner. Do something amazing and support the NSPCC.
We're here to help you with your fundraising. Every year people just like you raise hundreds, or even thousands, of pounds. Here's our handy guide to how you might reach your target (and have fun at the same time!)
- A film night - £100
Whether it's a retro classic or so bad it's good, get a space, some popcorn and invite people to a cosy film night. Ask them to pay what they would in a cinema.
- Sweepstake - £100
Who'll win the grand national? How many sweets are in the jar? Set up a sweepstake and watch the money roll in.
- Dinner party - £150
Wine and dine your friends and family by inviting them to your home for a dinner party. Ask them to pay what they would in a restaurant.
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for any further information. We're here to support 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
You might also like...
Cardiff Half Marathon
Your donation could go towards Childline or it could help us fund services such as NSPCC's therapeutic services and Speak Out Stay Safe service. Donations are distributed based on need.