Terms and Conditions for “Ride 30”
The NSPCC Virtual Challenge Event Terms and Conditions for “Ride30”
Terms & Conditions
- By entering this event and promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions which is the basis of your relationship with the NSPCC and/or NSPCC Trading Company (“us”, “we”). If you are registering on behalf of other individuals, you hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent of those individuals to take part in the NSPCC “Ride30” virtual event and that they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The NSPCC Trading Company Limited, Weston House, 42 Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3NH. Tel: 0207825 2500, a wholly owned subsidiary of the NSPCC to which it covenants all taxable profits. NSPCC is a charity incorporated by Royal Charter with registered charity numbers 216401 and SC037717, website: nspcc.org.uk.
- The NSPCC Virtual “Ride30” Challenge is a sponsored virtual cycling event to take place from 1st April 2022 until the end of April 2022. The event is an ‘online only’ event where registrants take part in their own time at a location of their own choosing where Government social distancing rules can be observed. The event is designed to raise funds for the NSPCC (the “Event”).
- The Event consists of the following challenge in which you must complete a total of 300 kilometres of cycling within 30 days starting from 1st April 2022. You may undertake this challenge in a manner which is suitable for you and also adheres to the social distance guidelines.
- This is an individual challenge, and no team entries are permitted. You confirm that you are medically fit and acknowledge and agree that you participate in the Event at your own risk. The NSPCC shall not be responsible or liable for injury or illness resulting from my participation and you need to arrange your own insurance.
- All UK residents are eligible to enter.
- Registrants must be 18 years of age or over.
- Young persons under 18 years of age may take part in the Event provided they are registered by their parent or carer. No data will be stored for under 18’s.
- Registrants can only register online for the Event.
- The Event is free to enter.
- There is a fundraising sponsorship target of £120 where participants reaching this will be sent a Ride30 medal after their challenge is complete.
- There is a further fundraising sponsorship target of £240 where participants reaching this will be sent an NSPCC water bottle after their challenge is complete.
- An NSPCC Jersey can be purchased for the cost of £10
- You will use your best endeavours to raise money for NSPCC in connection with your participation in the Event.
- You understand and will make clear to those who support your fundraising that any money you send into the NSPCC will be treated as a donation and used for the NSPCC's work with children.
- Donations are not generally refundable, even if the Event does not take place or a do not manage to complete the Challenge.
- You will forward all monies donated to the NSPCC via an online giving provider no later than four weeks after you complete the Event.
- You will receive NSPCC branded merchandise if you achieve the £120 fundraising target and a further branded merchandise if £240 target is achieved.
- Rewards are limited to one medal/water bottle per participant (participants raising £240 will receive both rewards)
- You will only use lawful means to fundraise for the NSPCC and will not bring the charity's names into disrepute. You will observe the following fundraising rules and you will comply with any further rules and requirements about fundraising of which NSPCC may notify you:
- You will not use the NSPCC or any associated logo without first obtaining permission from the NSPCC and will allow the NSPCC to approve any materials produced whether printed or online.
- You will tell your friends, family and other contacts who may support you that you are raising money “in aid of” the NSPCC.
- You will not incur nor are authorised to incur any cost, claim, loss or liability on behalf of NSPCC.
- You will obtain approval from NSPCC before approaching press or celebrities to support my event.
- As a thank you for all your fundraising efforts, all participants will be sent a virtual NSPCC badge via email.
- The NSPCC reserves the right to make any reasonable amendments to these terms and conditions at any stage. In this event, a notice will be posted on nspcc.org.uk.
- The cost of an NSPCC Jersey is non-refundable.
- If any provision in these Terms and Conditions, whether in full or in part, is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all other remaining provisions (in full or in part) shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect our liability for:
- Death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or a deliberate act or omission of us, our employees, agents or contractors;
- For breach of statutory duty;
- For fraudulent misrepresentation;
- To the extent that liability cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- Otherwise, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights, remedies, liabilities or other terms implied or conferred by statute, custom, or the general law that impose any liability or obligation on us or the NSPCC.
- You agree to fully and irrevocably indemnify and at all times hereafter to keep us and/or NSPCC indemnified, from any liability to any third party or other participant in the Event arising from your participation in the event or connected with any breach by you of any of these terms and conditions.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect any statutory rights to which the participant may be entitled to as a consumer.
- We reserve the right to amend, remove or add any terms and conditions at any time.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Please check to confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions.
I confirm I have read, understood and agree to all the terms and conditions set out above, and understand NSPCC may terminate our relationship if I am in breach of any of the terms and conditions.
We recommend that you print and keep a copy of this agreement with a note of the date on which you accepted its terms and conditions. If you have any questions or concerns please email@example.com. Many thanks for your support and good luck with your fundraising!