Walk, jog or run the Peak District Challenge to raise money for children when they need us most
Starting in Bakewell, you'll take a northern loop of the surrounding area, world-famous for its outstanding natural beauty. This is 100km challenge takes a tough and varied figure-of-eight route through Derbyshire’s finest scenery. You’ll get full support all the way, and with 50km, 25km and 10 mile distance options that pass Chatsworth House, there’s a Peak District Challenge for everyone! There’s also a full range of camping options, car parking, and extensive hospitality and welfare services across the weekend, including masseurs at the end!
Your entry includes a range of free food and drink at regular rest stops, and support from medics, marshals and massage teams. As you cross the finish line, you’ll get a glass of fizz, a T-shirt, and a special medal to celebrate your achievement. As we are an Official Charity Partner, sign up & commit to fundraise for us and you’ll get 50% off the standard charity place registration fee!
Why take part?
- Free NSPCC trekking T-shirt and welcome pack with fundraising support.
- Full support on the day - a signed route, including maps and GPS files, plus plenty of food and rest stops along the way.
- Medics, massage and pace walkers available.
- Finisher's medal and T-shirt for all participants.
- Join as a team or individual, and do something amazing for children.
How to take part
Sign up and select your fundraising option and distance on the Charity Challenge website. There’s also an option to join or create a team!
2. Choose NSPCC
Select the NSPCC as your charity and help us be here for children. Every pound you raise will make a difference.
3. Enjoy yourself
Have a weekend to remember and celebrate your amazing achievement!
What you'll get from us
1. NSPCC t-shirt
For you to wear with pride throughout your training and on the day itself.
2. Fundraising pack
Filled with ideas to get your fundraising off to a great start.
Support from expert trainers, Full Potential, including a training plan tailored just for you!
Choose how you want to sign-up, and complete your registration with Charity Challenge!
- Self Funding - pay the full cost of the event, there’s no fundraising target, just raise a much as you can!
- Charity Sponsorship - pay a small registration fee and do lots of fundraising.
- Mixed Funding - pay a higher registration fee and fundraise less.
With the Charity Sponsorship Option – it’s up to 50% OFF the registration fee if you choose us as we're one of the Official Partner Charities!
Already signed up? We’d love you to join #TeamNSPCC
How your fundraising helps
The money you raise could help provide play sessions with a practitioner that use therapy activities like painting and storytelling which help children and young people safely open up about their experiences of abuse.