Next screening: The Girl on the Train
Date: Monday 3 October 2016
Venue: Ham Yard Hotel, 1 Ham Yard, London, W1D 7DT
Cast: Haley Bennett, Emily Blunt, Rebecca Ferguson, Justin Theroux and Lisa Kudrow
Doors will open at 7:00pm and the film will start at 7:30pm.
The Girl on the Train is a psychological thriller novel by British author Paula Hawkins. The fictional story is of Rachel Watson's life post-divorce. Every day, she takes the train in to work in New York, and every day the train passes by her old house. The house she lived in with her husband, who still lives there, with his new wife and child.
As she attempts to not focus on her pain, she starts watching a couple who live a few houses down -- Megan and Scott Hipwell. And then one day, as the train passes, she sees something shocking, filling her with rage. The next day, she wakes up with a horrible hangover, various wounds and bruises, and no memory of the night before. Then come the TV reports: Megan Hipwell is missing. Rachel becomes invested in the case and trying to find out what happened to Megan, where she is, and what exactly she herself was up to that same night Megan went missing
Join the Monday Movie Club
You can sign up for annual membership in the following two ways:
- corporate membership: This costs £1,000 per seat. Corporate members of the Monday Movie Club include Google, Guardian Media Group, ITV, Yahoo and Virgin Media.
- individual memberships: please contact us for pricing packages
For more information, or to buy tickets for the next screening, fill in our form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How you can make a difference
Buying a membership to the Monday Movie Club can save lives. A donation of £1,000 will allow Childline to:
- answer 250 more calls from children who need help and support
- help train a volunteer, making sure someone is there when a child needs help
- teach over 80 primary school children about abuse and how to protect themselves, through the Childline Schools Service.
You can also help by texting MOVIE to 70744 and donate £10 to Childline, so we can be there for every child. You can read our text to donate terms and conditions if you have any further questions.
Other ways you can support us
Help us fight for every childhood by making a donation today. Your gift will help us be there, whenever a child needs us.