Walk, jog or run along the Thames Path on this endurance charity challenge
The Thames Path Challenge is a unique endurance event along the historic Thames Path Trail, from Putney Bridge to Henley.
Take the walk at your own pace or up the challenge and aim to finish in less than 24 hours.
The route is fully supported with pace walkers, marshals, medics, masseurs. Food and drink is also available on the route.
Every mile you trek and every penny you raise will help us be there when a child needs us. Together we can rebuild children's lives and prevent abuse from ruining any more.
How you can tackle the Thames
- Full 100 km Challenge from London (Putney) to Henley on Thames - as a continuous event starting Saturday 9 September
- Full 100 km Challenge from London (Putney) to Henley on Thames – over 2 Days – starting Saturday morning and then early on Sunday too.
- 1st Half 50 km Challenge – from London (Putney) to Runnymede – taking place Saturday 9 September.
- 2nd Half 50 km Challenge – from Runneymede to Henley on Thames – taking place Saturday 9 September.
- 1st Quarter (28km) Challenge – from London (Putney) to Hurst Park – taking place on Saturday 9 September.
- 2nd Quarter (22km) Challenge (walk only) – from Hurst Park to Runnymede – taking place on Saturday 9 September.
- 3rd Quarter (28km) Challenge – from Runnymede to Cookham (Marsh meadows) – taking place on Saturday 9th September.
- 4th Quarter (22km) Challenge (walk only) – from Cookham (Marsh Meadows) to Henley on Thames – taking place on Sunday 10 September.
Sign up now and do something amazing in 2017!
- fully signed route, plus maps and GPS files
- food and rest stop on route
- flexible start times
- finishers medal and t-shirt for all participants
- 100km runners trophies for fastest male and female
- free NSPCC trekking t-shirt
- relay options available.
Whether you're feeling inspired or in need of some ideas, our free fundraising packs are full of hints and tips, advice and materials to get you started
How you'll make a difference
Abuse changes childhoods, but so can we. By taking part in a walk or trek for us, your donation will make sure that when a child needs a helping hand, we're there.
We help children across the UK to rebuild their lives and we're finding ways to prevent it runing anymore.
You might also like...
Volunteer at an event
Do your own fundraising
Make a donation today
A child will contact Childline every 25 seconds. Donate now and help us be there for every child.
Terms and conditions
Please note that this event/activity hasn't been organised by and isn't controlled by the NSPCC and is therefore not covered by the NSPCC's insurance programme. To the extent permitted by law, the NSPCC shall not be liable for any loss or injury arising out of the event or its organisation. Please speak to the company organising the event or activity that you're participating in if you would like further information in this respect.
* The offer only applies to Full (100km) and Half (50km) Challenge distances and to new registrations from 26th December 2016.
If you signed up before December 26th you'll be contacted by the organiser. Conditions apply, including minimum fundraising targets - all of which are set out on the Challenge website.