How you support our services
Big or small, your gifts and donations make a difference to the children and young people we help through our services.
- £3 could pay for our Speak out Stay safe programme to reach 1 primary school child, giving them the knowledge to protect themselves from abuse
- £4 could pay for 1 of our trained volunteer counsellors to answer a child's call for help to Childline
- £5 could cover the cost of answering a call to the NSPCC helpline
- £25 could pay for a trained practitioner to deliver 1 hour of Pregnancy in Mind to help new parents with the ups and downs of having a baby
- £570 could cover the cost for our Speak out Stay safe programme to visit 1 primary school and speak to every child aged 5-11
- £1,600 could pay to recruit, train and support a new Childline volunteer.
A step-by-step look at some of the ways we're working together to change children's lives.
5 goals for 5 years
Over the next 5 years, we plan to make 5 million children safer.
Our promise to you
Key statistics about our services
There were almostChildline counselling sessions with children and young people in 2017/18
Explanation: Childline provided 278,440, counselling sessions to children and young people in 2017/18.
responded to over contacts in 2017/18 from people with concerns about a child's welfare
Explanation: The NSPCC’s helpline responded to 65,067 contacts in 2017/18, from people who were concerned about a child’s welfare.
In 2016/17 we engaged withto improve their safeguarding
Explanation: The majority of this engagement was from organisations requesting NSPCC publications and safeguarding materials. The most popular of these was Share Aware: 832 organisations ordered materials around online safety. Other engagement activities included delivering consultancy to 38 organisations, working with 132 organisations through our local campaigns and the faith and voluntary sectors, delivering commissioned helplines for 15 organisations, and working with 96 sports organisations.
Our annual reports
Learn more about our work
What you can do
Last year a third of all calls to our helpline were about neglect, a figure that's even higher at Christmas. Donate now and help shine a light on children left in the dark.