How you support our services
Big or small, your gifts and donations make a difference to the children and young people we help through our services.
- £3 could pay for our Speak out Stay safe programme to reach 1 primary school child, giving them the knowledge to protect themselves from abuse
- £4 could pay for 1 of our trained volunteer counsellors to answer a child's call for help to Childline
- £5 could cover the cost of answering a call to the NSPCC helpline
- £25 could pay for a trained practitioner to deliver 1 hour of Pregnancy in Mind to help new parents with the ups and downs of having a baby
- £555 could cover the cost for our Speak out Stay safe programme to visit 1 primary school and speak to every child aged 5-11
- £1,600 could pay to recruit, train and support a new Childline volunteer.
Key statistics about our services
There were overChildline counselling sessions with children and young people last year
Explanation: Childline provided 295,202 counselling sessions to children and young people in 2016/17. In 286,031 of these counselling sessions they talked about their own concerns and in 9,171 they contacted us with concerns they had for another child or young person (third party concerns).
responded to over contacts last year from people with concerns about a child's welfare
Explanation: The NSPCC’s helpline responded to 66,218 contacts in 2016/17, from people who were concerned about a child’s welfare.
In 2016/17 we engaged withto improve their safeguarding
Explanation: The majority of this engagement was from organisations requesting NSPCC publications and safeguarding materials. The most popular of these was Share Aware: 832 organisations ordered materials around online safety. Other engagement activities included delivering consultancy to 38 organisations, working with 132 organisations through our local campaigns and the faith and voluntary sectors, delivering commissioned helplines for 15 organisations, and working with 96 sports organisations.
Our annual reports
Learn more about our work
What you can do
Make a donation today
This Christmas, a child will contact Childline every 25 seconds. Help us be there when they’re ready to break their silence.