How you support our services
Big or small, your gifts and donations make a difference to the children and young people we help through our services.
- £3 could pay for our Speak out Stay safe programme to reach 1 primary school child, giving them the knowledge to protect themselves from abuse
- £4 could pay for 1 of our trained volunteer counsellors to answer a child's call for help to Childline
- £5 could cover the cost of answering a call to the NSPCC helpline
- £25 could pay for a trained practitioner to deliver 1 hour of Pregnancy in Mind to help new parents with the ups and downs of having a baby
- £580 could cover the cost for our Speak out Stay safe programme to visit 1 primary school and speak to every child aged 5-11
- £1,600 could pay to recruit, train and support a new Childline volunteer.
A step-by-step look at some of the ways we're working together to change children's lives.
Key statistics about our services
There were overChildline counselling sessions with children and young people last year
Explanation: Childline provided 250,281 counselling sessions to children and young people in 2018/19.
responded to almost contacts in 2018/19 from people with concerns about a child's welfare
Explanation: The NSPCC helpline responded to 72,821 contacts in 2018/19, from people who were concerned about a child’s welfare.
In 2018/19 we engaged withto improve their safeguarding
Explanation: The majority of this engagement was from organisations requesting NSPCC publications and safeguarding materials. The most popular of these was Share Aware,which accounted for 60% of all publications distributed to organisations. Other engagement activities included delivering consultancy, working with organisations through our local campaigns and the faith and voluntary sectors, delivering commissioned helplines and working with sports organisations.